2009 VMax acceleration problem??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvmaxd

Reaction score
My 2009 Vmax has a 500-1000 RPM "dead spot" during acceleration starting around the 3-4k RPM area. I'm not really sure what it could be. I've been searching the forum and the only thing i can find similar are problems with the older carbureted vmax models. If anybody has any idea what could cause this on a Fuel injected vmax, the help would be much appreciated.

My 2009 Vmax has a 500-1000 RPM "dead spot" during acceleration starting around the 3-4k RPM area. I'm not really sure what it could be. I've been searching the forum and the only thing i can find similar are problems with the older carbureted vmax models. If anybody has any idea what could cause this on a Fuel injected vmax, the help would be much appreciated.

Is the bike stock or does it have some mods?

In it's stock form it does have a bit of a "bog" if you go WOT at low rpm. It's more toward right off idle though. That's because the throttle plate openings are restricted by the ECU and throttle by wire system. There is also a lean spot right around 3500 RPM that you might be feeling.....I always felt it more at partial throttle cruising though.

If the bike is modified with a pipe and intake and not specifically tuned for the mods, then that could be your problem.

The best solution in every case would be to have your ECU re-flashed.....even if the bike is bone stock. Re-flashing makes a tremendous improvement to the overall performance.

Gurued Gear http://guruedgear.com/ in Florida is the only company I can recommend for re-flashing VMax's. His experience and reputation is well above all others.

I guess i should have put mods the first time! It has k&n air filter, voodoo slipons with cat eliminator, and a power commander V.

The lean spot you mentioned was exactly where i felt like i was losing power. Right at 3500 RPM. Mine always happens during even acceleration (fast and slow). But it doesn't happen every time i get on the bike.

I put the PCV on a while ago hoping that might help the problem. Maybe i picked the wrong fuel map for it? If i remember correctly, there wasn't a map with my exact setup so i juat picked the closest one.

If ECU flash is still the best option with this setup, i will definitely go that route!

I guess i should have put mods the first time! It has k&n air filter, voodoo slipons with cat eliminator, and a power commander V.

The lean spot you mentioned was exactly where i felt like i was losing power. Right at 3500 RPM. Mine always happens during even acceleration (fast and slow). But it doesn't happen every time i get on the bike.

I put the PCV on a while ago hoping that might help the problem. Maybe i picked the wrong fuel map for it? If i remember correctly, there wasn't a map with my exact setup so i juat picked the closest one.

If ECU flash is still the best option with this setup, i will definitely go that route!

When I bought mine, it came with V&H exhaust & PCV with autotune. I ditched the pcv/autotune after getting Tim Nash's reflash. It's a monumental improvement. I promise you won't be disappointed.

Latest posts

Back