No longer endorsing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D-Max2012

Reaction score
I am no longer endorsing Regulator Rectifier . com
https://www.regulatorrectifier.com

I purchased a replacement Pulser Pickup Coil (PPC), after my 1st one was busted (which was my own fault for not replacing my loose starter clutch, and revving too high).
Took my bike for a nice little cruise weekend before last, and it was great.. No issues at all.

3 days ago I tried to start it up, just to let it run for a few minutes.. It sounded like it wanted to start with the 1st press of the starter, then no firing at all, just cranks.

Tried multiple times to start it, no good..

Tested all fuses, all are good.

Fuel pump looks good and you can see fuel pumping in my glass fuel filter as the bowls are being filled.

To rule out any battery issues, jumped it to my car,, No dice only cranks over.
Note: I'm using a lithium battery that cranks the engine over nice and strong.

Today I got a chance to check for spark, and there was NONE at all.
Immediately I went to test the PPC wires under the seat and the reading were like a direct short..

On 10/3/17 I ordered this part to replace the one I busted. Part cost $127.00
On or about 10/12/17 the part came in and was installed.

On 10/14/18 it failed without warning. No hints of a problem,, Just failed.
Thank GOD it was in front of the house when it happened..

So it looks like this part lasted for only 1 year.

Now I had to suck it up and order a stock replacement PPC, because I cannot trust another one from them, or an additional $127.00. :real mad::wave bye::angry flame::real mad::wave bye::angry flame::real mad::wave bye::angry flame::real mad::wave bye::angry flame:

I can no longer endorse a company that puts out crappy products..

I do sell used OEM parts and they are generally hard to beat. Even used though is higher then that cost. When they go bad there isn't usually any warning. It's all or nothing. Just have to make sure you don't have any broken or pinched wires.

Thanks Sean,

I already ordered a new OEM today,, I'm hoping that it holds up like the stock.
If I can get 26 years of use, like the original, I'd be happy.
Then again, I don't know if the previous owner replaced it before I got it. It looked pretty crusty when I took it out of there.
If it was the original, it ran from 1991 to 2017 before it failed, which is not bad.
There are many parts I don't mind being used, but there are some that I'd rather be new.

If I had the cash, I'd opt for a new gen 2.. I got to hit this lotto.. LOL

Thanks.. Take care..

Latest posts

Back