Front brake won't bleed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used the word unfamiliar. If you are having trouble bleeding brakes which is basic, you don't know as much as you think you do. SOOOOOO, if you are refering to me, You go Fuck yourself twice. I'm sure you know HOW............

I used the word unfamiliar. If you are having trouble bleeding brakes which is basic, you don't know as much as you think you do. SOOOOOO, if you are refering to me, You go Fuck yourself twice. I'm sure you know HOW............

INMO...I think he was talking about someone else...

I was talking about the other guy, sorry Alorio, my bad dude.

Who the fuck said I was "unfamiliar" with working on brakes! I've bled my brakes hundreds of times but never had issues like this bike before, that's all. Believe me I've had this fucking thing torn down alot farther than most people ever have had to. So, thanks,

Sorry, then I misunderstood your post about bleeding, no harm intended.

My bad, I really over reacted and my apologies to any and everyone that it may have offended. Guess I just in the wrong frame of mind when I read and responded.

My bad, I really over reacted and my apologies to any and everyone that it may have offended. Guess I just in the wrong frame of mind when I read and responded.
Gad to hear that you got them straightened out, I completely understand your frustration Ed! When I first put on my 'busa 6pot it took me few days, in which I tried reverse bleeding, rebuilding m/c and way too much fluid. I even went back to my old setup just so I could ride at one point. After the ride I was pissed off that I couldn't get them to bleed so I bolted the 'busa's back on and pumped them up, left them velcroed to the handlebars overnight then the next day after about and hour of productive bleeding I had a lever that was firmer than ever. I went out for a ride and was sooo happy that I finally had great brakes!

Gad to hear that you got them straightened out, I completely understand your frustration Ed! When I first put on my 'busa 6pot it took me few days, in which I tried reverse bleeding, rebuilding m/c and way too much fluid. I even went back to my old setup just so I could ride at one point. After the ride I was pissed off that I couldn't get them to bleed so I bolted the 'busa's back on and pumped them up, left them velcroed to the handlebars overnight then the next day after about and hour of productive bleeding I had a lever that was firmer than ever. I went out for a ride and was sooo happy that I finally had great brakes!

Yea Brian, I know exactly what you felt. Holy shit, like I said before I've done brakes hundreds of times and NEVER had this many problems and I almost said fuck it and kept just riding without a front brake all together cause after missing pretty much all season last year I was no way gonna stay off it this year regardless. Then after all that shit and pumping that lever at least 500 times it built pressure and finally worked good as new. But then when somebody comes on after all that and says "you must not know what your doing" and "take it to someone who knows what they're doing" it just really pissed me off. Believe me, I've had this bike apart and REDID a bunch of things that weren't right in the first place I just kinda took it to heart. But, yea, these bikes can be as stubborn as an angry woman sometimes which is no real fun either. Lol, Thanks Buddy, Ed

Ed did you pushe the fluid from caliper into the master like I sugested? or did you do it the conventional way pump n bleed?

When I rebuilt the 85' , I had a hell of a time bleeding the fronts as well. The trick I found worked for me was to hold the master cylinder against the bar and tap the lines with a wrench. But it still sucked balls!! I never want to do it again.

Just a little f.y.i. that I always have used on my bikes...

I install the Speedbleeder bleed valves on my brake calipers and clutch slave cylinder...They DON'T allow air back in when bleeding the system. The fluid is only allowed to travel one way, which is out. Air can't return to the system.

If that info helps anyone, great.

Elimax

Ed did you pushe the fluid from caliper into the master like I sugested? or did you do it the conventional way pump n bleed?

I'll be honest, I tried so many different suggestions I think it finally just came down to the conventional method of just pumping a million frickin times and release that that's what finally worked. But thank you very much and I appreciate the effort in helping me with this. Thanks again, Ed

Just a little f.y.i. that I always have used on my bikes...

I install the Speedbleeder bleed valves on my brake calipers and clutch slave cylinder...They DON'T allow air back in when bleeding the system. The fluid is only allowed to travel one way, which is out. Air can't return to the system.

If that info helps anyone, great.

Elimax

Thanks bro, I just might do that so I NEVER have to go through this much of a pain in the ass again. Thanks for the tip. Ed

I also have the "Speedbleeders" on both my bikes. Both clutch and brakes. It's just tooooo easy.
Lew

Last edited:
I have always found that the little Mityvac hand pumps work much faster than pumping the brake or clutch lever "a million fuckin' times".

I normally fill the reservoir, pull the lever back and zip tie it to the bars, attach the Mityvac to the caliper then continue to suck fluid from the master down through the bleed port. While it doesn't get all of the air out, it normally gives me enough of a start that I can finish up with pumping the lever.

I recall reading that someone used their wife's...er.....massager....to agitate the calipers and brake lines to free up stuck bubbles and allow them to head northward to the master. I can neither confirm nor deny the use of such a device.....but it worked pretty well.....or so I have heard....just don't let the wife catch you with it out in the garage.

I have always found that the little Mityvac hand pumps work much faster than pumping the brake or clutch lever "a million fuckin' times".

I normally fill the reservoir, pull the lever back and zip tie it to the bars, attach the Mityvac to the caliper then continue to suck fluid from the master down through the bleed port. While it doesn't get all of the air out, it normally gives me enough of a start that I can finish up with pumping the lever.

I recall reading that someone used their wife's...er.....massager....to agitate the calipers and brake lines to free up stuck bubbles and allow them to head northward to the master. I can neither confirm nor deny the use of such a device.....but it worked pretty well.....or so I have heard....just don't let the wife catch you with it out in the garage.

Classic lol.....
So your saying it helps get the juice flowing on her......the bike :rofl_200:

I also have the "Speedbleeders" on both my bikes. Both clutch and brakes. It's just tooooo easy.
Lew
What brand of speedbleeders, I've read some accounts that some of them don't work as advertised. :confused2: I can see where they would help keep the bleeder from leaking due to wear on threads/ sealing tape breaking down, but don't they just do the same job as a regular bleeder?
I have a Mityvac but I think I was using it wrong by not building the pressure up before releasing the bleeder. I don't know how I missed that part of the process after reading the instructions??:bang head:

I have SpeedBleeders also. As far as I know there is only one brand. At least with that name. They have a check valve that prevents air from coming back in when you release the lever. You just fit a hose, put into a jar to catch the fluid, open the SB and pump the lever until no bubbles come out, then close the SB. Don't forget to keep the fluid topped off. I have a MityVac also, not the HF copy, and it works fine but this is MUCH easier...

The regular bleeder has no check valve. You have to pump lever to build pressure, pull on lever, open bleeder, close bleeder when lever hits grip and repeat till filled.

As a side note...Ive heard the same....um...technique working to shake dyna beads into the valve stem...

I've done many bike brakes but im running out of options with vmax front brakes bleeding. I have "air pressure speed bleeder" and i have try with that, traditional way, pushing brake fluid upwards from bleed valve...no luck. Brand new master cylinder seals. wtf... i think i must take bike to professional..embarrassing

Back