Front brake won't bleed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
150 to Zero on an '85 back in the day was an adventure to say the least. Upgraded calipers and rotors are definitely on the short list of future mods....

I'm not sure what he's calling the 'saddle.' Is he referring to taking apart the calipers, and mixing-up the halves? So he's got a left side outside mated to a right side inside, & vice-versa?

Maybe someone put the front brake master cylinder piston rubber on backwards?

If the front tiny hole in the front master cylinder is blocked, we know that causes all-sorts of problems with non-functional brakes. If you finally try to clean the blockage, the under-pressure brake fluid can easily shoot six feet (three meters in euro measure) when you finally clear the line.

Another thing that can cause all-sorts of problems if you've never experienced it before is delaminating brake hoses. The inside liner collapses, and acts like a 1-way valve, letting you build pressure, but not release it. Eventually the caliper with the collapsed hose will lock tight, and only opening the brake bleeder on that side will release the caliper pressure. be prepared for another possible brake fluid bath as it erupts from the bleeder.

Solved. I had right side saddle half with bleeder in left hand side and vice versa.. so bleedeing valve's was at the lower part of saddle's in both sides.. so it was my bad in saddles assembly..first time for everything

Hi all, I am in the process of changing all the fluids on my max, starting with the brakes. This is probably a very silly question but as I am bleeding the brakes do I crack open the banjo bolt or the 7mm nipple to relieve the pressure and allow the fluid to flow through the system? The 7mm nipple I am referring to is the one I have the clear plastic tubing connected to that runs into my waste container.

Also, the fluid in the rear reservoir is BLACK, can I just run it dry and then start pumping in clean/fresh fluid using the manual bleeding method?

This bike is a mint '96 with 4k miles, and has been sitting in a garage for the last 8 years without being ridden, which is probably why the brake fluid is extremely discolored.

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Yes, you can do a gravity bleed, it's slow, but you can do it. You have to hover-about and never-allow the master cyl to go dry. Because there is a bleeder nipple on-top of the caliper, you will have a small residual bit of old fluid in there. Most people just bleed until the fluid is no-longer discolored.

I am a proponent of the reverse-bleed method, it's quick, easy, and gets great results. Take a bit of care, and you will have a minimum of spillage.

Here's a description of how to do it, and what you need, no $150 pressure-can & hoses running back & forth. http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=45011
This describes doing it to the clutch slave cyl, but the brakes are the same principle.

Latest posts

Back