[email protected]. with a lousy 1.90 60 ft.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
Made some passes today. Best [email protected] with a c rappy 1.90 60 ft time.

I ran a bunch of 10.0's-10.20's.

Track was slick and I had to abort several runs.

I am getting used to the power wheelies in 1-3 gears. I think I may be going through the 1/8 mile on the back tire.

I ll have to pull some time slips.

My best 60 ft was a 1.77 and I had to abort that run because I got really sideways with tire spin after the 100 ft mark.

Best 1/8 I believe was a 6.8x @ 116 mph. I ll have to double check that though.

I am having a heck of a time 60 ft the bike. I am easily losing a half second on the front half.

I am going to order a tooth down in the rear to see if I can control the wheelie problem.

I strapped the bike in the front 1" and lowered it 1 1/2 in the back. I am getting closer to being flat footed that way. But I have to watch the oil pan.

I havent done anything other than a pipe. I had a pc v on it, but took it off.

I think I can get mid 9's as is and if I do an ecu flash or reinstall the pc v and map it I think 9.20's-9.30's should be reasonable.

Now if I stretch it and 're gear it..... I wonder if I could hit some 9.0's on it.

I rode 123 miles to the track and back.

I love having a 9 second street bike that can go cross country and get 200 miles + to a tank.

Todd

I wish I could be showing off more with it LOL. But I ll get there eventually. I figure as it sits its good for mid 9's easily once I get my 60 fts down, maybe faster, who knows.

a .10 of 60 ft is good for a .15 and on the back half. So that should be a 9.48 run if I had a good 60 ft above.

Todd

If i remember right a few years back Super Streetbike magazine took a stock gen 2 Busa and got into the 8.9's with nothing but bolt ons.

Today's hyper bikes are truely amazing. Capable of cross country touring, close to 200 mph top speeds and able to run 1/4 miles in the low 9 second range out of the box with the right rider!

I would have never thought 8 second factory bikes would ever be real, and here we are!

There was a guy at the track with a Gen 2 ZX with a pipe and lowered, with a 2 tooth SMALLER sprocket in back and he was running 9.09's @155 mph, he weighed around 220 lbs suited. That is truely amazing.

There was a girl there running a Beemer and was cracking 9.70's. though it was stretched, lowered, piped and flashed. It didn't look all that streetable ( meaning no cross country ) , but still utterly amazing.

Todd

That's a good run in the high 9's is fast, my 1st gen last year ran a 10.5 at 137.6 with me at that time 226 pounds. kerker 4x1 jet kit heads ported shave and few other mods. My best time was keeping the front wheel close to the ground off line. Man is I had the Shinko tire on the rear I would have been high 9s. Now I have the venture rear on the bike to ride around with.

The bikes I race against was no nos bikes was happy they had a race setup like this , The last round the bike I beat out was a black B-king bike it was buy a 1/2 bike very close race.

I have zx7 with zx9 race motor 15000rpm rev no nos runs low 9s I had this bike for about 14 years. I maybe selling soon.

if I remember how to do it right, your 146 mph would suggest about 190hp. Thats damn good.

a zillion years ago when I was riding my Suzi street race bike, we made up a swing arm that had slots at 6" over and 12" over. I ended up riding that bike at 6" over on the street all the time, on track day I would pull the axel, change the chain, and put the wheel at 12 over. along with replacing the shocks with struts I would pick up .35-.40 sec. I'm sure you could fab up something like that yourself. I would bet that would give you a 9 sec street bike for the least money spent. Plus, more HP just makes that launch harder with a short wheelbase bike.

For pure track days, more to the 12" position and replace the rear power absorber and I'd bet you were under 9.50 Then with a few mods...

Nice numbers Todd. I dont think i will see number's like that out of the B King at least not this year. I wish i could keep the busa its a rocket as is and it wasent hard to launch it. I think if i straped the front end it would be in the 9s with me on it but its gotta go so i will work on getting the bking into the mid tens. The bking is not easy to launch and wheelie's come up quick I think i have the same trouble you where having bike is tall. I will deal with it and just have fun riding it for now. I will get the ecu flashed and the stock exhaust sounding better and a few other things.

I ll ve excited to see 1.60 60 ft. Which means I should see 9.50's. But the 60 ft wpuld be more exciting for me than the 9.50's.

Need to take the busa down the track one time.

Todd

Beleave me i wish i would have last week.

if I remember how to do it right, your 146 mph would suggest about 190hp. Thats damn good.

a zillion years ago when I was riding my Suzi street race bike, we made up a swing arm that had slots at 6" over and 12" over. I ended up riding that bike at 6" over on the street all the time, on track day I would pull the axel, change the chain, and put the wheel at 12 over. along with replacing the shocks with struts I would pick up .35-.40 sec. I'm sure you could fab up something like that yourself. I would bet that would give you a 9 sec street bike for the least money spent. Plus, more HP just makes that launch harder with a short wheelbase bike.

For pure track days, more to the 12" position and replace the rear power absorber and I'd bet you were under 9.50 Then with a few mods...

Your HP computed from your vehicle MPH is 185.45 rear wheel HP and 206.06 flywheel HP.

Damn close Craig!

Todd

Using MPH only as a plug in on Wallace calculators....

60 Foot 1.26
330 Foot 3.63
660 Foot 5.70
660 MPH 119.27
1000 Foot 7.50
1/4 Mile ET 9.03
1/4 Mile MPH 146.7

Wouldn't that be nice!

Todd

Well I guessed his weight a little high <G>

I wish I had an ZX-14 and a bunch of money so I could race it!

Hell with me on board I'll bet I could get into the ... 12s <BMFG>

Todd,

Are you anywhere near Mid Michigan racetrack? That's where this guy runs his Gen 2. He is very fast considering his bike is only lightly modded. Might be some good competition for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6334PqaNcM

He's also got a 14 as well.

What the hell were you filming Toddler a mosquito on a cow path.:biglaugh:

9s on that path take's balls.

Todd,

Are you anywhere near Mid Michigan racetrack? That's where this guy runs his Gen 2. He is very fast considering his bike is only lightly modded. Might be some good competition for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6334PqaNcM

He's also got a 14 as well.

Mid Michigan is a little hike, but I ll make it out there this year at sometime.

10.30's @134 mph on almost all his runs, he looks pretty consistent!

Todd

Latest posts

Back