[email protected]. with a lousy 1.90 60 ft.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mid Michigan is a little hike, but I ll make it out there this year at sometime.

10.30's @134 mph on almost all his runs, he looks pretty consistent!

Todd

He's running 9.60's on the VMax, and 9.1 on the new 14.

I think he's the only one to 60' a "stock" Gen 2 Vmax under 1.5....

Would be nice if I could post some of MY OWN time slips like that one day.......instead of posting other peoples. :rofl_200: (I do have some sub 10's though)

I haven't been to the track much, and never really put it all together for a good outing yet.

Thats an awesome 60 ft he has there of 1.49. Half second faster then mine! But it amazes me these bikes don't mph higher.

9.69@ 139-140 mph just shows that this thing is torquing it self down the track. Thats awesome.

I would like to take a gen 2 down the track. They look pretty easy to launch and run from all the videos I ve watched. That 67" wheel base has to help a ton.

Todd

Here is a slip from a buddy of mine running an 09 225lbs suited up....
I have the video with me running beside him...

Attachments

• Jody 9-42.jpg
    Jody 9-42.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 18
Thats an awesome 60 ft he has there of 1.49. Half second faster then mine! But it amazes me these bikes don't mph higher.

9.69@ 139-140 mph just shows that this thing is torquing it self down the track. Thats awesome.

I would like to take a gen 2 down the track. They look pretty easy to launch and run from all the videos I ve watched. That 67" wheel base has to help a ton.

Todd

It's the weight and poor aerodynamics that hurt the trap speed.

I am resisting the urge to stretch it. My Busa was 68" long ( about what a stock gen 2 vmax is ) and handled like crap. It was too low and too long. But swb bikes are just hard to run. If I do stretch I ll only go 62" maybe 64".

That is why gen 2s rip awesome 60's. Well that and the power lol. Imagine if it was a 57" wheel base. It would be a wheelie monster

Todd

Thought you might like this Todd.....video of some of my riding buds from yesterday. The video quality is pretty bad....just 2 short clips the 2nd one with no audio.....but interesting to watch anyway.

Anyway, my good friend has a Gen 1 Busa with a Carpenter kit in it and the other guy as a new 14R with a pipe and a tune. They ran into a group of guys, several on BMW's, one on a ZX10. They asked them if they were up to doing some roll-on races at a regular spot where we like to test and play.

These guys wanted to put $1000 on the one guys new H4, which he just got tuned and was supposedly making 202 HP. My friend on the 14 said he would only race for fun.

The race was an approximate 1/2 mile roll-on starting in 2nd gear. The first race is the Busa nosing out the 14R and the second race is the 14R destroying the H4. The BMW guys were shocked and went home with their tails between their legs. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n960MXITwNg

I don't think the MPH is way off from the potential. Todd is just way off from the potential of his bike. Get that 60' down and his time will come way down too. I was running 8.70's @ 150 with 1.24 60' time with the slick and only making 177 rwhp (with a light bike). The old Fazer was running low 10's and only making 130's rwhp.

ALL the speed is done in that first 60'. The only other way to make up for it is with massive HP which again is lost potential if you can't get it out of the hole. Todd should be pulling low 1.60's (or better) with his 60' time (I can pull high 1.60's with my Vmax which is heavier and way less power).

Yeah its hard. I ve been going back and forth with Lee and a few others on SWB bikes and those guys are fast. Twright has run 8.80's swb with a stock motor, maybe faster now. And I think Lee ran a 8.87 with stock motor as well. Crazy times these guys pull.

I just have a hard time keeping the front tire down. This past weekend, I said screw it in second gear and rode the front wheel up till it settled back down. It got to a point that I was getting nervous and people in the pits were coming up to me and commenting "titanium balls" "crazy white boy" lol. The front tire would loft at around 100-110 mph and come up about 2 feet and hang there till around 130 mph or so and then settled before it would bounce back up in third a little. If I could keep the tire down then I know I would be running 9.60-70's. If I can get my 60 ft down to the 1.50-60 range, I know I ll be running low 9.30's. Now if I can put it all together, I think I have potential to his 9.10-20's out of the bike, all on SWB.

If I stretch I know I can hit those numbers pretty fast. There was a guy there on a similar zx with air shifter and 66" WB slammed and whatever other mods. He was lighter than me and I still out ran him. He did run some 9.80's and I think a 9.60 at one time, but most of his runs where in the low 10's. He just couldnt ride the thing.

I am excited this bike is this fast bone stock ( save for pipes and lowering ). I might drop a tooth in back and going from the 41 to a 40 or maybe even a 39, to see if I can control the wheelie issues.

Todd

Latest posts

Back