Post your fastest VMAX E/T 1/8 or 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im going to strap it next week. it kept coming up on me in first. i was launching at 5k and that seemed to be the sweet spot.

ok so I'm at the track right now and let me say that hubeerjw just ran an awesome run and got into something he'd been wanting. I'll let him post his amazing time himself.

04 with supertrapp slip ons with 4 discs a side. i went 11.22@117, 1.70 60', [email protected] 1/8. i weigh 170ish full gear. stock everything except for the mufflers. i did however put two more discs in each side and noticed an increase in the butt dyno. spins the tire a lot more now. im hoping to get close to 11.0s on wednesday.

Is that you that I have seen race at Quacker City when I was running there?

I wish!!!!!!!!!!!

I got a few passes in on Friday night and the best was a 10.7 on nitrous.
I still didn't have my NOS pressure up as high as it should be, but I really didn't think I would get that low of an ET. The temp was in the upper 70s to low 80's, pretty sticky track, high humidity. I'm still weighing about 230lbs with gear and ran an 6" drag slick on the rear.... HOLY CRAP that thing is sticky!

With the double d clutch mod, I have a very hard time slipping the clutch, so I would bog hard at the launch but then she ran like a raped ape. My 60' times were on average about 0.2 seconds slower than with a regular street tire.

Here was my best pass of the night:
R/T....0.361
60'.....1.790
1/8....6.963
MPH...104.71
1/4...10.716
MPH...129.87

The bike I raced (an old Kawi I think) had a slick and bars ran the following:
R/T....0.72
60'.....1.423
1/8....6.073
MPH...111.19
1/4...9.682
MPH...133.2

I know my launch needs work, but what is it telling me when the other bikes runs over a second faster than me but only 3.5mph faster? I'm guessing I have the potential to run a mid 10 second pass if I can get that launch figured out.

Jeff

6in Slick

I guess you are running the M&H on a modified stock VMAX rim

I have one also that I had machined to work your right there is no wheel spin with the 6in car M&H slick

Keep practicing with the clutch and launch it is hard to get the slippage down with the VMAX clutch I am wanting to convert mine over to a cable
With a 6in slick you should be able to get into the 1.5"s 60ft strapped and no bars
I will try and make a video with the cam mounted on the faux watching the tach when I launch next time I goto the track

Best time yet is 10.29 @ 129

Rider 190lbs full gear maybe
Kerkr 4into1
stage 7 modified rejetted
vboost eliminated
barnett clutch discs
stripped down weight of bike
kosman 18" goodyear 8" slick
bars and struts

new modifications
heads ported new valves(stock)
heavy duty valve springs(10,500rpm)
Ross forged 12:1 piston file to fit race rings
new clutch discs
M.R.E air shifter
raptor shift light
progressive suspension(tied down)

Times will be posted soon as motor is broke in. About 100 miles to go.
Roy

Thats a sweet setup Roy. I think thats about the fastest a VMAX will run with the relabilty. Sure you can get them to run in the 9's with no problems but thats when the tranny cant hold up or the crappy plain bearing low end. Nice post some videos if you can I would like to hear it run.:clapping:

Damn... I wish I could get that low in the tens....

I made it to the 1/8 mile last night and ran another best... with NOS.
It was great... I went up against another Screaming Eagle V-rod Destroyer with a slick and wheelie bars... and won!

V-Rod............. V-Max
0.2832 Reaction 0.0188
1..5866 60 Ft 1.7791
6.6382 1/8 ET 6.8808
106.91 1/8MPH 107.53
Finish Margin 0.0219 VMAX is the Winner!

I had my brand new Metzler ME880 on the rear and seemed to hook pretty good, but my 60' times are down.... it almost seems like my double d clutch is slipping, or something. I also missed 2nd gear on my last two passes and I'm worried about wearing it out.... oh well.... maybe a 1500 motor is in my future????? I'm glad I had my Dyna3000 installed... I used the rev limiter a few times with that missed shift... oops.

Jeff

Damn... I wish I could get that low in the tens....

I made it to the 1/8 mile last night and ran another best... with NOS.
It was great... I went up against another Screaming Eagle V-rod Destroyer with a slick and wheelie bars... and won!

V-Rod............. V-Max
0.2832 Reaction 0.0188
1..5866 60 Ft 1.7791
6.6382 1/8 ET 6.8808
106.91 1/8MPH 107.53
Finish Margin 0.0219 VMAX is the Winner!

I had my brand new Metzler ME880 on the rear and seemed to hook pretty good, but my 60' times are down.... it almost seems like my double d clutch is slipping, or something. I also missed 2nd gear on my last two passes and I'm worried about wearing it out.... oh well.... maybe a 1500 motor is in my future????? I'm glad I had my Dyna3000 installed... I used the rev limiter a few times with that missed shift... oops.

Jeff

Jeff
Are you cluthless shifting
After my launch I keep a strong upwards pressure on the shifter with my foot and when I am ready to shift I just barely blip the throttle and it goes right in to second gear with no mis shifts and I am running an 85 tranny
Try this type of shifting on the street its more accurate for hitting gears and it will also cut down your ET a lil at the track
It is a lil more difficult to 60ft with the double D due to its clutch lever pressure try to strengthen your left hand with one of them hand springs they sell at Wally World for under 10 bucks
Slipping the clutch out the first 35-45 feet with the RPMS up around 8500 brings them 60 ft times down in the 1.60's if the tire will hold to the track
107 in the eighth should drop you to around 6.50's

I'm not using the clutch after the launch, just cutting the throttle a hair. I also still have the reverse shift mod done so 1st is up and then I just pound down through the gears.... I was going to change it back, but never got around to it and have gotten used to it. I do feel that there is actually more leverage/control with the original shift pattern and I just might go back to it soon.

My clutch control is my biggest downfall right now.... maybe my hand is a little to weak.... I can guarantee you that might right hand is strong enough... I am married after all, maybe I should think about switching it up every now and then.... sorry, what were we talking about... Clutch Control... that's right. Well, I'll keep at it and see what I can do... still consider myself a rookie at this drag stuff, but I'm learning and having a blast!

Jeff

Jeff I seen your video you are heading down the correct path and its obvious you have the skills to dragrace a motorcycle
Please dont take my advice as negative the things I shoot out here to you are to increase your ET and make it more exciting when you goto the track to bash on Hardleys
Yes its a bitch to get clutch control with the very small clutch field with the VMAX
Practice on the street find a dead end street and practice your clutch control there but this will be from keeping your tire from spinning
If your tire breaks loose your to quick on releasing the clutch
If your RPMS drop you released the clutch to soon

Hold the RPM's at 5500 as the clutch engadges a lil key word lil wick the throttle the RPMS should jump up to around 9K and allow the clutch to burn as your carrying the front wheel
Note: Its going to feel as you are going to flip over (if you were to launch like this on a sportbike you would) with the screaming of the engine and if you take a second to imagine the clutch plates at that time you will crindge
I take my clutch steels out about every 35 passes and bead blast them just to get the heat burn marks off them but if your wanting to drop your ET by a few tenth you have to get this pig slung out past the 60 ft in the 1.50's the holeshot is everything with the VMAX due to its weak top end power

Yankee, I'll take in all the advice and comments people are willing to throw at me.... some I'll use and some I won't... and some goes in one ear and out the other... that is what my wife says normally happens, like "selective hearing", or something like that... I wasn't really paying attention. :blink000:

Keep it coming and hopefully I'll keep getting better with the ole VMax before I screw something up on it.

Jeff

O and my mods are
Kerker 4-2-1
Dyna 3000
RMS sportmax large shaft
Mad Max under cut tranny
Mad Max hardened shift cam
Ross 12:1 pistons
Carrillo H beam rods
Ported head
APE head bolts
Heavy duty valve springs
stage 7 jet kit with vboost
vboost switch (on,off,norm)
Barnett SR2 spring conversion
Dyna coils
Nology hot wires
Progressive controler
100 hp shot of nitrous still not used at the track Yet
and the 10.60@130 was with a 38 hp shot of the juce in roswell NM track elivation is 3,600 FT and the DA was like 5,800 ft also was done with a dunlop K555 POS.

Last edited by a moderator:
only got an 1/8th mile track here so my best is 7.12 at 100mph. mods are 4-1 kerker and stage 7, with some screwed up carbs, hopefully getting that sorted out this weekend tho... have a nitrous kit waiting to install but i figure ill get the carbs right before i go blowing the thing up...

6.07 at 119.7 1/8 mile,street rated dot tire with no wheelie bars.93 octane
40 shot of nos on progressive controller
69" wheel base with chain drive
1500 tourmaster with 39 sliders
Fully dressed with head lights tag etc.
engine is bullet proof but tranny sucks.
1.37 60 foot

6.45 at 112 1/8 mile when it was shaft drive stock wheel base
1500 tourmaster all motor. 39 sliders
street dot tire no wheelie bars
60 fts in upper 1.40s low 1.50s

My weight is 170 lb.:moped:

This is a slip where I like to run the bike. If I add any more power it won't run consistantly, no bar. My bike is #1203 (left) Next year I'll add some rear suspension, lighten it up and add the EFI and we'll see what it will do.

Lebanon06.jpg

Dang brotha. That's moving (but you need to work on that reaction time).

Sean

Latest posts

Back