Post your fastest VMAX E/T 1/8 or 1/4

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to dig up the time slip, but here is the best ever I have ran on my bike. I dont know how I pulled it off, but I have never been able to do it again to back it up.

60ft 1.59 ( I believe, but dont quote me )

1/8th 6.79 @ 101

1/4 10.86 @ 125

I was running U4 fuel
Stock internal engine only bolt on's
Kerker 4-2-1, no can
Dyna Ignition
Knology wires
Stage 7
K&N filters
Front straped down
Speed shifting using clutch
Dunlop factory rear tire

0.09 Reaction

60 foot - 1.89

1/8 - 7.83 at 91.4 mph

1/4 - 12.23 at 110.5

Stock engine with 47440 miles. K&N air filter, Dyno jet Stage one kit, Marks 4 into 2 exhaust, Metzler 170 rear tire.

Need to get in to the 11s! so close but i just can't get there!

0.09 Reaction

60 foot - 1.89

1/8 - 7.83 at 91.4 mph

1/4 - 12.23 at 110.5

Stock engine with 47440 miles. K&N air filter, Dyno jet Stage one kit, Marks 4 into 2 exhaust, Metzler 170 rear tire.

Need to get in to the 11s! so close but i just can't get there!

Work on the launch, you'll be there :punk:
BTW, way to chop that tree !! :clapping:

Just got back from my local track, Lebanon Valley Dragway. couldn't get in the 11's no matter how hard i tried. Heres my best run....

Reaction ---- 0.153

60 foot ------ 1.932

1/8 mile ----- 7.766

mph ---------- 92.99

1/4 mile ----- 12.103

mph ---------- 111.84

Launching at around 4500 to 5000 rpm. front wheel hangs about a foot off the ground till i hit second. Clutchless shifts in every gear. Need to find a way to shave .104 off and ill be happy:clapping:

You have the power for 11's just need practice on your 60' time. Strap the front end down and you'll probably get the 11 you want BUT The mph shows you need more power if you want to go faster then that. You need to be hitting trap speeds of 120-122 mph to have a chance to make the 10's.

Sean

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but spend $20 and get a strap for your front end... You would be amazed how much lowering the front a few inches will make. The front wheel won't want to lift as easily.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff

I don't have my slips handy, but I'm running pretty consistently in the 1/8 (all I've got near by). My 60' times suck and that's all there is to it. If you can't get that, you've got nothing. I actually got better times before I changed out the stock exhaust and was heavier. Need to tune some things.

Stock except for straight bars, Supertrapps with 8 discs each and removed the "Y" on the air box.

1/8: 7.5's - 7.6's (I'll update next time I go after I shim my needles)
1.8-1.9 60' times (SUCK!)
Original tire (burn it for 3-4 seconds)
MPH: 96-98 (not bad up top. crossing at top half of 3rd gear)

Haven't wheelied at the track. May try straps soon anway to cut down on front end travel at shifts. Also just ordered a digital tach with a shift light. The stock tach is worthless. You can't see it when you're draggin and tucked down.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned here or not, but spend $20 and get a strap for your front end... You would be amazed how much lowering the front a few inches will make. The front wheel won't want to lift as easily.

Keep up the good work.

Jeff
Going to get a strap today. looking forward to testing it this wednesday. Quick question to the experts, if i remove the "T" off the airbox, will it help with my top end power or is the gain not enough to reduce my times? Thanks to everyone helping me in my quest to the 11's:punk:

You may actually lose time. The "Y" as it's called is usually better to shim a bit with washers and not remove it all the way.

Sean

never done it, but i assume he means take the Y off. put a washer between the Y and the airbox where the screws hold it in.

When max was new 11.70 115 mph all day consistant ' now that it has 90.000 km's 11.50 and the bike has spent it's first 70.000 km Wide Open !!!!!!!Does not burn any oil between changes ! Best machine ever built !!!!!!!

Wen't out to walmart and bought a $4 strap. and it cut 3 tenths off my time!

Reaction ----- .182

60 foot ------- 1.909

1/8 mile ------ 7.633

MPH ----------- 94.07

1/4 mile ------ 11.89

The 1/4 mile speed sensor was messed up in my lane. Best $4 ever spent!

Now you're getting there. Launch a little harder to get the 60' to low 1.80's - mid 1.70's and you'll be 11.50's.

Sean

Isn't it pretty crazy what a few inches of lowering will do. Just think about all the small differences/combinations that you can do to make huge differences at the track. Keep up the good work!

Back from the track again. After taking everyones advice i've put down my best time!

Reaction ---- .145

60 foot ------ 1.795

1/8 mile ----- 7.440

mph ---------- 103.84

1/4 mile ----- 11.675

mph ---------- 114.96

Launched at 5500 to 6000 with an aggresive clutch release. Any more and i get tire spin even after a good burnout. Will have to play with tire pressure next time.

Latest posts

Back