Michigan Event July 7-8

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolmax

Reaction score
Mark your calendars for the annual Michigan ride with the Hooligans
Date: July 7-8

Friday earlybird ride leaves at 2:00pm
(Possible earlier ride for those early arrivals)
Dinner ride leaves at 6:00pm

Saturday ride leaves at 10:30am sharp.. this is not a Harley ride
Lunch 1-1:30
Dinner ride 6:00pm

Motel info:

Travelodge
111 AMPEY ROAD
PAW PAW, MI 49079
Phone: 269-657-1111
Travelodge.com

Group rate reserved under “Hooligan”
$85/night single King

$90/night double Queen

Please reserve rooms early, you can always cancel if needed... Any rooms not booked will be dropped one month prior to the event.

More info TBA

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

On the calendar!...........Always a good time with this crowd!!...........:punk:.........Tom.

I wonder if the lunch stop will be at the Gilmore Auto Museum, in Hickory Corners?

Well FM, I think you should get another item off that bucket list of yours and come make the ride with us!!.........:punk:........Tom.

I'm close to retirement! SS is kicking-in, but I plan to work a bit yet, to solidify the finances. I don't plan to die still working. I've already outlived a bunch of people younger than me from fire-rescue.

Man, I know the Paw Paw area, and the countryside on the southwest side of the state has plenty of room to have fun. Have a safe time, and one day, I'll be there too!

I bet you all have a blast! I'll make it up there one of these times. My wife a I usually go up to visit her family in Ludington in August. Maybe I can talk her into going early sometime.

So here it is, Saturday's lunch stop is planned to be at the Tap House restaurant in the brand new Zeigler's Motorsports, the largest motorsport dealership / motorsports park. They carry 15 brands and have 4 test tracks and on site restaurant. Tentative schedule is to be there for 2hrs for lunch and to look around.

Also, if you do not have your room booked, please do so as I will be cancelling any open rooms this weekend to avoid charges on my CC

Hope to see you all in a few short weeks!!

Caldwell-And-Kerr-Press-Release-Francis-Mariela-Zeigler-Motorsports-Opens-840x285.jpg

Are Zeigler's and M&M Cycles two different Yamaha dealers in Kalamazoo? Just wondering. Looking online they are both off Sprinkle Rd but on opposite sides of I-94.

From many years ago, I also recall the George Danke Motorcycle Co. in Battle Creek, a Yamaha dealer.

So here it is, Saturday's lunch stop is planned to be at the Tap House restaurant in the brand new Zeigler's Motorsports, the largest motorsport dealership / motorsports park. They carry 15 brands and have 4 test tracks and on site restaurant. Tentative schedule is to be there for 2hrs for lunch and to look around.

Also, if you do not have your room booked, please do so as I will be cancelling any open rooms this weekend to avoid charges on my CC

Hope to see you all in a few short weeks!!

Caldwell-And-Kerr-Press-Release-Francis-Mariela-Zeigler-Motorsports-Opens-840x285.jpg

Zeigler bought out M&M Cycle, brand new dealership! I worked at M&M '90-'95, the new place is awesome! Top notch place and great people!

Thanks everyone for another kick azz Mi ride!!..........Perfect weather!.......Had to exercise the V-Boost constantly to keep up with the leaders!!...........:punk:..........Tom

I recall when M&M was new, on Sprinkle Rd. just off Gull Rd. I bought my new 1972 Yamaha 360 Enduro from them, $1016 out-the-door, & I still have it.

Sounds like it was a safe time. Who rode what at Zeigler's? And what were the opinions? What direction did you take out of Paw Paw, and returning?

Zeigler bought out M&M Cycle, brand new dealership! I worked at M&M '90-'95, the new place is awesome! Top notch place and great people!

Thanks for organizing this ride i had a great time riding with everyone. Even though I don't have a vmax any more I felt welcomed and I appreciate that. Vmax riders in my experience have some of the best attitudes when it comes to diffrent types of bikes and the people that ride them. I wish there were more rides like this. I thought gen 2s were fast but a gen 2 with a supercharger is amazing.

Thanks for coming out Lee and glad you had a good time! The blown Gen 2's do tend to put on a good show don't they?

Thanks for organizing this ride i had a great time riding with everyone. Even though I don't have a vmax any more I felt welcomed and I appreciate that. Vmax riders in my experience have some of the best attitudes when it comes to diffrent types of bikes and the people that ride them. I wish there were more rides like this. I thought gen 2s were fast but a gen 2 with a supercharger is amazing.

Thanks to all that came out for the ride Saturday! I was actually a little worried it was going to be a small turn out this year but we ended up with 19 or 20 bikes so all was good! I hoped everyone liked the stop at Zeigler's, I found out at a later date the demo rides were dirt only and the trailer would be stationed out back at the motocross track so that didn't go like I hoped, though I thought lunch was fantastic! Food was good as was the service, I didn't expect them to set up tables for us leading into the showroom, pretty good hospitality in my opinion. Their online store http://www.cyclepartsnation.com/ is a great place to get good deals on factory parts.

We are thinking about moving the ride a little farther south next year and invading the Elkhart Bike Night Saturday night with some V Max thunder :punk:

Back