Thanks!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
The throttle on the Roadstar broke in Jim & Jimmies parking lot Friday afternoon. A group of our Vmax brothers pitched in and we got it repaired, after a bit of modifying. Thanks for the help, guys!

I'm glad they got you up and running. That was some crazy rain that day and the roads were all flooding too. Good you both made it back i nonce piece.

The throttle on the Roadstar broke in Jim & Jimmies parking lot Friday afternoon. A group of our Vmax brothers pitched in and we got it repaired, after a bit of modifying. Thanks for the help, guys!

Really odd thing is, a Harley was getting put on a flatbed the day before, with a broken throttle cable... It was in EXACTLY the same spot the Roadie was when the throttle on it pooped the bed. The ingenuity of my fellow Maxxers kept The Hogslayer (my Roadie) from the same fate.

Many thanks again. The repair works better than it did before. I sent Kuryakyn a request for a new one, let's see what they do about it.

I spent half the day redoing the tail light wirig. There were a few sketchy spots. All has,been properly soldered, heat shrunk and tucked away where it will be unmolested.

After we got home, I took a good look at my lights on the Roadie. I'm running LEDs for the tail light and signals. While working ok, there was room for improvement. I am using a replacement turn signal relay that is adjustable for speed. I have had Signal Dynamics load equalizers on the bike for years. Something went wrong there, and I was getting cross feed through the indicator light. It would flicker and glow dimly with the signals off. The tail light would flicker, too.

I ripped all the extra wiring out of the tail lamp and rear signals, along with the equalizers. I then soldered and double heat shrunk all the connectors, paying close attention to ground wires. Everything went fine, and the lights work great. No more cross feed, and nothing flickers at any RPM. Job done.. 100 mile test ride shows no problems. That indicator problem has been going on for a while.. Glad that's fixed. And Kuryakyn is sending me a new throttle grip, free..

Update. (11 months later..) Kuryakyn never sent the replacement they promised.. I just took the throttle apart to check things out, and it's in exactly the same condition as it was after we repaired it in the rain at Jim & Jimmies.. Good to go.

As stated elsewhere here, the throttle grip broke again. This time Kuryakyn stepped up and sent me a new set of grips..
I won't be using the left grip. It's a chrome ISO grip, even has the tube of glue to stick it in the bar. Fits a 1" bar.

Free to a good home.

Latest posts

Back