Daytona Bike Week

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry that Boxxenstopp and Joe won't be around any more. It was a good way to be able to meet the other VMax guys from around the country.

My buddy and I will be up there TH FR & SA March 15-17. We like to watch the national flattrack race, last year, it was a TT-style, and Mees on an Indian showed all the others how to do it. I believe it's on Friday March 16.

We stay overnight out of the area but commute to Daytona. So, who's planning to enjoy some warmer weather away from the snow and rain?

I will be there. Only live about 45 min away so probably will go several times. Didn't know about the race. Will have to check up on that.

Fire-Medic if you want to meet up let me know. Ill be there with my cousins who are all cool.

We will definitely be at the national flattrack race, it's a good idea to buy tickets ahead of time, if you want a decent seat. If you've 'never-been,' sitting low in the stands will make you have to see past the never-ending stream of pedestrians, so sit up a few rows. Also, if you're close to the turns, sitting low in the first several rows, you will get pelted with a few rocks as they negotiate the slides.

If you've not been to the races, there is a variety of competitions. Motocross, an enduro (off-site, same for drags) and if you're into the H-D thing, Destination Daytona and Spotnick's Cabbage Patch are places to visit, after-all, how-often do you get a chance to see women cole slaw wrestling? We generally don't spend much-time on Main St. at night. It's really-crowded. The Rat's Hole custom bike show is worthy of a visit, actually, I haven't looked at the schedule to see what's offered, will be doing that this week. One year at the Rat's Hole I saw one of the most-insane bikes ever, 'Lucky' Keizer's 5 litre V-twin made from a Rolls-Royce Merlin WW II aviation engine, and if a 500 lb. 5 litre engine isn't enough, it's got a blower, and NOS...they do things differently in Australia. Lucky made a lot of the reciprocating parts, like the crank, and the valve actuation. http://www.abc.net.au/local/photos/2015/08/19/4296075.htm

Fire-Medic if you want to meet up let me know. Ill be there with my cousins who are all cool.

Saw the TT races, Jared Mees on Indian won again.

Here's a bike we saw at the Speedway Thursday night.

Attachments

• 20180315_192247.jpg
    20180315_192247.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 20180315_211309.jpg
    20180315_211309.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 18
Last night we were on our way from Destination Daytona the Harley Extravaganza when we got on the interstate. As we got on a group of one-percenters past us Mongols sporting the denim jackets with their logo on it. Just as they passed us in a group, something black flew out from the group & hit the pavement and 0burst into multiple pieces flew up and hit the front of our truck. One of the girlfriends riding bitch0 must have dropped her cell phone and we killed it. The Mongols pulled over to go back and try and find the phone-sorry! It's dead. We had a black plastic scuff on thr GMC'S chrome bumper.

At Destination Daytona we met Brian Klock of Klockwork Customs of South Dakota. There was a beautiful Indian Scout with brass trim Gold Leaf striping and other subtle custom touches, a pretty bike. Jack Daniels and Klockwork Customs are giving away serial number one in a contest for firefighters and First Responders being eligible to enter so, of course, I entered, wish me luck!

Also at Destination Daytona we saw the Drag Specialties display, and Bob Cashwell was there, he's an acquaintance of the guy I'm with. While we were speaking with him about everything motorcycles, another fellow came up and sat down with us, Skeeter Todd, both Bob and Skeeter are members of the Hamsters which is a group of veteran motorcycle innovators, fabricators, and influential people in the industry of custom bikes. It was a great time spent shooting the breeze. Some of the other Hamsters are Arlen Ness, Dave Perewicz, Donnie Smith, and Ron Finch. We've seen in spoken with both Ron Finch and Dave Perewicz at prior bike weeks and I've been to Ron's outside of Detroit.

Attachments

• 20180316_161506.jpg
    20180316_161506.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20180316_174148.jpg
    20180316_174148.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Big jugs!

The H-D Milwaukee 8 hop up kit gives you something like 113 cubic inches.

Attachments

• 20180317_142421_001.jpg
    20180317_142421_001.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
No, it's a loaner from my friend, a stock '96 FLSTN w/different tins on it. Very low miles, it's from the "waiting list" era of H-D sales, trade one in or spend $2500 in accessories & have them installed, is how it was in south Florida then. Bought used, it came w/the original bill of sale, the manual, handlebar tag from sitting in the showroom. The invoice lists all the extras & labor charges. I think it was $22K out the door.

Good luck on the Scout raffle.

Are you planning some mods for your HD?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The Mongols have lost their trademark logo, today.

https://apnews.com/6357a00b58ce4d488b3a9398e1879ea8

LOS ANGELES (AP) — A California jury decided Friday that the Mongols motorcycle gang should be stripped of its trademarked logo in a first-of-its-kind verdict, federal prosecutors said.

The jury in U.S. District Court in Santa Ana previously found Mongol Nation, the entity that owns the image of a Mongol warrior on a chopper, guilty of racketeering and conspiracy.

The verdict caps an unusual decade-long quest by prosecutors to dismantle the gang responsible for drug dealing and murder by seizing control of the trademark they said was core to the gang’s identity.

Back