Cobra Exhaust Tuning Set Up Experiences Please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilredrooster

Reaction score
G`day All from Australia, attached a pic of my bike for anyone interested....

Firstly, all the evidence points to losing 10Hp with the VMax & Cobras combo... I get that, so, moving on..... I like the look and the sound and would like to persevere with them regardless.....

Anybody like to share your past experiences (preferably with Dyno proof) trying to improve the Cobras??

Certainly there seems to be plenty of Dyno proof that they loose power, BUT, does anyone out there have any positive (sensible) Dyno proof of changes made to improve the Cobras (even by a small amount....) for instance carb tuning etc...

Many Thanks in advance of any and all contributions.....

Best Wishes from Australia.... :thumbs up:

Attachments

• 2017-11-05 09.47.41.jpg
    2017-11-05 09.47.41.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 29
I have Cobras on my 94 and I love the look and sound. I noticed a power drop when the V-boost kicks in but for me the tradeoff is worth it. One of these days I may get a full system but for now I'm happy. Good luck with your quest.

Doug

https://youtu.be/fHPT3e7yCbY

These are my cobras. All i can speak for is the sound. The sound is absolutely epic. People notice me. Which is a good thing. Horrendously loud on the highway. Which im deaf anyways.

That being said, it is noticeably slower with the cobras than the stock exhaust. However, a k&n drop in filter seemed to help a bit.

But they just sound so damn good....

I have Cobras on my 94 and I love the look and sound. I noticed a power drop when the V-boost kicks in but for me the tradeoff is worth it. One of these days I may get a full system but for now I'm happy. Good luck with your quest.

Doug

G`day Doug, Many Thanks for the reply, love the look and the sound too....

This is my first Vmax, had it 8 yrs, Cobras were on it, so not able to make any comparison without.....

Did you change the tune or make any related modifications when/since you installed the Cobras?? Did the manufacturer/supplier suggest any related tuning/modifications pre/post install??

Enjoy the Ride.....

https://youtu.be/fHPT3e7yCbY

These are my cobras. All i can speak for is the sound. The sound is absolutely epic. People notice me. Which is a good thing. Horrendously loud on the highway. Which im deaf anyways.

That being said, it is noticeably slower with the cobras than the stock exhaust. However, a k&n drop in filter seemed to help a bit.

But they just sound so damn good....

G`day KJoy, Many Thanks for the reply, Grrrrreat Looking and Sounding Bike.... :clapping:

Did you make any other changes apart from adding the K&N stock style air filter pre/post install of the Cobras??

I have ordered the same K&N air filter, waiting on the mail for delivery, good to hear that you thought there was a small improvement....

Enjoy the Ride.....

Back