Chic Delta wire connectors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soldering is a skill. Those are an easy way-out, the bar of solder doesn't look that large. I'll 'roll my own,' but thanks for pointing out a handy alternative. I like to solder, because I know I'll probably never have to touch that connection again.

Wow, thanks for the post Mark I will give them a try, i've been looking for an alternative connector.

I've still got some of these from dads stash that are at least 30-40 years old. Not new technology. Rarely do I use them. Mostly because the damn melt factor of the solder doesn't work well. Maybe these work better lol!

I've got a friend who ordered these off Amazon to install a tachometer on his Royal Enfield. I'll post an update when they arrive and he uses them. Personally, I'd rather solder and heat shrink the connections, or use Posi Locks.

They work great........soldered and waterproof heat shrunk connection all in one.

I just used them to splice in an ignition switch on my brothers Mach 1. You can buy them at Home Depot......I bought a box with assorted sizes for under $5.

I'm a decent solderer but these are a real labor saver, and the built in heat shrink is a nice bonus.

The solder doesn't work well and the only thing that holds them together is the hot glue.A customer used some on his boat wiring and proved to be a pain to redo.The crimps without solder and heat shrink on them that you crimp and then heat work really well.Though some of the cheaper versions that I tried the metal part of the crimp was very soft and you could pull the wire out.The best ones I found were supposedly MIL-SPEC .I used quite a few of them when I had to rejoin a harness back together on a boat engine.This was 3 years ago and I recently helped do an engine swap[same boat] and found the connectors had held up no worries.Cheers Kevman.

Latest posts

Back