Honda Gold Wing roadracer from 1976

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
CaptainKyle likes his 4 cyl Gold Wings and says he can get one through curves pretty-well. Here's some GW info on 1970's European roadracing GW's, lots of pics.

One of these bikes lapped the Isle of Man in I think 1976 at 102 mph.

I like the monoshock rear, pretty-neat for the late 1970's. The pic is not the monoshock bike, see the links for info.

http://www.fmsp.net/t7822-gw-doncque

https://www.ngwclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30058

Attachments

• Dresda frame Gold Wing.jpg
    Dresda frame Gold Wing.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 16
I had a 78. My first bike. My 97 v-max was my second, and my 18 v-max is my third bike. I think they handled very good for what they were, center of gravity is very low. I was always grinding my foot pegs. I wasn't around when they were built. I'm only 33, but from what I have read they were fast for the time period. Always had dreams of turning it into a café racer. I always liked the looks of the style. I don't like crotch rockets, never have, even rode a few just not my style. I like big, powerful bikes. the first gen v max felt small to me, I like my 2nd gen more, but I also went from a 78 goldwing, to the 97 v-max. I found a few videos on YouTube of a supercharged 75 goldwing, I think it accelerated as fast if not faster than the first gen v-max, I just remember him grabbing gears every few seconds at redline. Then Honda got smart, and left the performance side of the goldwing, and spread out the power band, added luggage, and creature comforts and made a touring bike. They went with what people wanted, everybody was buying the vetter kits. So they produced their own brand of saddlebags, and fairings. I might yet but another 70s goldwing and make it my own.

Back