Reverse Bleeding Clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

911Carrera

Reaction score
Bought a new 2005 and have never worked on her. Never heard of reverse bleeding, but after searching the forum, did it and flushed some filthy stuff back up to the MC. I tried the "traditional bleeding" with no luck after changing out the Master Cynlinder. I never did see that trash I flushed out using reverse method. Using the pump the lever a bazillion times, then crack the bleeder valve at the slave, just didn't do it. So, thanks to all that have shared their knowledge.

You go on other forums, and people say, "you're endangering your life doing that!" Well, don't drink the brake fluid!

But seriously, folks, I don't even touch my Mityvac anymore, except if I have to move it. For a non-ABS system, I haven't found anything quicker and easier than a reverse-bleed. As you saw, it forces crap upwards and out, into the master cylinder. Then you just use a syringe to remove the contaminated fluid.

When you stop seeing 'fizzies,' those tiny little bubbles, emerging from the front master cylinder hole closest-to the banjo bolt, the system is usually bled; be careful squeezing the lever then, as you'll probably see a geyser of brake fluid erupt from the master cylinder, should you squeeze it.

Clutch slave cylinder replacement, including reverse-bleed directions:
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=45011&highlight=reverse-bleed

Directions for reverse-bleed work for either the clutch master cylinder or the front brake master cylinder.

I rolled it out into the driveway, glad I did. Just being curious, I left the cover off the master and pushed the syringe, squirted brake fluid 4 ft into the driveway and wasn't pushing hard on the syringe. I would advise leaving the cover on the master.

I rolled it out into the driveway, glad I did. Just being curious, I left the cover off the master and pushed the syringe, squirted brake fluid 4 ft into the driveway and wasn't pushing hard on the syringe. I would advise leaving the cover on the master.

The same thing will happen if you dislodge a bit of crud in the line, during the reverse-flush, and it blocks the small master cylinder hole, and then you try using a pin or a guitar string to clear the obstruction. "Spindletop!"

Latest posts

Back