Algoma circle tour - hwy129

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V4bandit

Reaction score
Just got home from a 3 day ride almost 2000km's long. Rode the bike from Southern Ontario up to Sudbury then over to Thessalon for the night. Day two is the video of hwy 129 from Thessalon to Chapleau. After lunch we rode down Hwy 17 to Sault St. Marie . Day 3 rode to Manitoulin to catch the ferry home. I felt great on the trip, but as soon as I got home I think the fatigue of three 12 hour days on the bike caught up with me.

Enjoy what some call the Canadian Tail of the Dragon. :clapping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsAgxtfNOJs

I am originally from Bruce Mines which is about a half hour away, driven that road a hundred times and it is always a nice drive. You can also go up to Chapleau then cut across to Wawa and then back along the Lake Superior Coast which is a fantastic ride. If at night, watch for moose and deer, especially in June when the mosquitoes chase the moose out onto the highways where the mosquitoes don't like the wind. The most curves I have been through is from San Cristobal de Casas to Palenque en Mexico. 180 kms of pure curves, speed bumps (topes) and washed out highway. Took us 6 hours.

Awesome. That's what we did, was cut across to wawa then down Lake Superior. My mother in law lives in Echo Bay and she warned us too about the Moose. Only saw 1 dead one the shoulder of the road. One bear near wawa and a ton ofFox.
But I didn't hear what a fox says. Lol

Looks like a fun trip, interesting that the "Canadian Tail of the Dragon" has the same highway name as the US version :punk:

Back