DC Rolling Thunder 2014

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a military Veterans association thing. A bunch of us that rode up to DC last year had lunch with them and rode to the Wall on Saturday...
Doesn't matter who you served with. But yes it's a veteran group, if your with some vets it's ok to go to events.. Needless to say almost everyone I know out here is a Vet.

Here is their link...

https://www.combatvet.org/

Well, I'm not a vet. My grandfather and his brother were both at Normandy. My dad drove a destroyer around in the south Pacific for years, then went into the reserves until he retired and is now part of (past president?) of the retired navy shooters association. My Uncle flew P3s. My brother is in the Coast Guard band, and my Grandfather and his brother on the other side were in the Navy band. I'm pretty much surrounded by vets, but I'm not one. If I'm in town that weekend, I guess it might still be ok to go, right?

I am planning on riding down to the pentagon north parking lot in the morning. Maybe I will see other Maxers there.

I could have gone if I hadn't got the speeding ticket which pissed my wife off. I guess she is more pissed about me going to PA this month...My bike was in pieces this year, but I could have got it done if my inlaws weren't bugging me while I worked on it.. Now I have to pull off my front turnsignals. I guess the old wires are shorting out somewhere now since I did the forks and put new bulbs in..

Latest posts

Back