NFL Lounge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing Eagles 34 pats 30.
Eagles roll early, pats make the come back late but don't quite get it done.
Foles MVP.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Congrats. to the Eagles. You were the better team yesterday no doubt, no excuses. The N.E. defense got exploited for most of 60 minutes. Brady and the offense did enough to win this game. 615 yards of offense is getting the job done. Lots of changes are coming soon. The biggest is, what happens with MVP Nick Foles? I'm sure he'll want a starting position in 2018, and he's a free agent. Miami would take a huge step forward acquiring Foles. As would any team.

Congrats. to the Eagles. You were the better team yesterday no doubt, no excuses. The N.E. defense got exploited for most of 60 minutes. Brady and the offense did enough to win this game. 615 yards of offense is getting the job done. Lots of changes are coming soon. The biggest is, what happens with MVP Nick Foles? I'm sure he'll want a starting position in 2018, and he's a free agent. Miami would take a huge step forward acquiring Foles. As would any team.
Foles will still be on contract but only making like $7 mill. So, and I'm not possitive how contracts are spelled out, it will take both parties to terminate that deal. But with some of the offers that could be made to both parties by teams like Miami, Denver, Arizona, or how bout Jacksonville, it is likely the eagles maximize Foles worth while they can, and Foles makes double what he would. But much of that will also depend on how Wentz's recovery is going.

As a Saints fan I want to say congrats to the Eagles. I know all too well that feeling from a fan when your team FINALLY wins the Super Bowl... but also as a Saints fan... eff the Eagles! :biglaugh:

Kidding aside. Great game and much deserved victory.

Onto the second week of the NFL season. The Steelers played a feisty game with the much improved Browns and could have come up with the win with a made FG but our normally very reliable Chris Boswell missing a 42 yard kick. “I still hit a really good ball,” Boswell said. “It’s something I’m not going to put on anybody else. It was in my hands and I didn’t make it.”
The ongoing saga(drama?) of the Leveon Bell self preservation holdout is getting a little old for me. He says he wants to prolong his career and feel that the Steelers are just going to wear him out hurting his future earnings! The thing that is getting old is him and him sitting on the couch is not improving his future potential, probably under cutting his future money making prospects. James Conner did well and looks like he will do just fine running the ball going forward.

Ya the Bell drama is getting old. Didn't get to watch the Steeler game but I was surprised at the final score. Looks like the Browns are finally getting together. The Vikings are looking really strong this year.

Ya the Bell drama is getting old. Didn't get to watch the Steeler game but I was surprised at the final score. Looks like the Browns are finally getting together. The Vikings are looking really strong this year.
Conner ran for close to 200 yards, I think he looked pretty good for his first NFL game.

I'm thinking the rams look like they could be pretty hard to stop but I really have no idea who is coming out of the NFC I feel like lots of teams have a chance. AFC I'm thinking the usual Steelers and patriots will be tough, maybe the raiders? They will come back big I think after the second half collapse. And I'm hoping for the titans to get some more playoff wins down the stretch.
Can't wait to see what pans out

Well championship games are here hoping for chiefs and rams to come out on top. I’ll go chiefs 31-pats 27
And rams 36-saints 33

I suspect a changing of the guard in the AFC game. I believe the Young Turk is going to show why he's so-good. I think Brady's team is gonna let him down.

In the NFC I hope the Saints persevere. I think both games will be close, we'll see.

The Pat's D will be key in this game, if they can get to/ move Mahomes enough to keep him from getting comfortable. He will still make some plays while moving but not as much if he has time to survey and throw to Hill/ Kelce. Brady will get his team down the field because the Chiefs defense is beatable I believe. As usual he will have a mix match group of players, Gronk is a step or two slower these days but he has Edelman who is a tough SOB that can catch/ hold the ball to keep drives moving. One bright spot last week was Michele/ White, they could prove to be key in keeping the Chiefs defensive line off balance enough to give Brady some precious time to keep his eyes downfield.
Here is a quote from SBNation: "A key to beating the Chiefs, or keeping the game close, is not getting away from your game plan when things go awry, like being down early. Running the ball against the Chiefs is the key to victory. The Chiefs defense, which has its weaknesses, can still rush the passer extremely well. When you’re not running the football well, it leads to longer third downs, which tends to favor an excellent pass rush."
That being said the Pats are on the road which has been a issue this season, Belichick and Brady will have to summon all of their magic for this game.

Last edited:
I suspect a changing of the guard in the AFC game. I believe the Young Turk is going to show why he's so-good. I think Brady's team is gonna let him down.

In the NFC I hope the Saints persevere. I think both games will be close, we'll see.
“Young Turk” like a conduit for change, right?

Latest posts

Back