All new design 2019 vmax1700

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am still trying to get into my first Vmax (gen. 2). From what i can see, there is nothing that would make me want the one in the video. My first upgrade will be possibly a 240 rear tire (I am used to the big tire look and handling from my M109). Interesting video though.

Dont care for the concept...looks like front and rear of a fz09 and then baby scoops....hope they never use the name on a bike looking like that....my 2 cents.

I saw a 2018 Vmax at a bike show in Columbus, OH.
It's a matt finish.

The paint is bumpy and looks cheap.

Even if you don't like the color(s) the 2017 and previous bikes look much better because the paint is done better..

I wish they would do the yellow Yamaha racing stripe like they did for the European market in 2017 (2016?)

I just picked up my first 2nd. generation Vmax (2010) and I am very happy so far. The only thing that I wish (on mine) is that it had lower miles. It has 36k, but was very well maintained, and appears to be in great shape. I was able to get it for a very good price, so I had to jump on it. The one thing that I have found is that after market items are very expensive and hard to find for these bikes. I think I will be happy with this bike for some time to come. But if I was go go back to something else with 2 wheels, it might be another M109. After all, I am very familiar with them, after owning 4.

the 2019 vmax is out and its black again this year. why the same color two years in a row?

I asked at the Yamaha dealer. The salesman told me they were going to discontinue the Vmax all together, but instead they rolled out the anniversary edition and repeated it again this year.

I asked at the Yamaha dealer. The salesman told me they were going to discontinue the Vmax all together, but instead they rolled out the anniversary edition and repeated it again this year.

Anniversary edition?!?!? That's news to me...... Where are the numbered badges?? I call BS. It's just the last of the vmax, selling while supplies last.

I saw a 2018 Vmax at a bike show in Columbus, OH.
It's a matt finish.

The paint is bumpy and looks cheap.

Even if you don't like the color(s) the 2017 and previous bikes look much better because the paint is done better..

I wish they would do the yellow Yamaha racing stripe like they did for the European market in 2017 (2016?)

Um, no. I bought a new 2018 because the bike looks badass all blacked out. It looks leaps and bounds better than all previous years.

Um, no. I bought a new 2018 because the bike looks badass all blacked out. It looks leaps and bounds better than all previous years.

It’s most likely all their overstock and this is the last year. I’m lovin’ my 2018

I just picked up my first 2nd. generation Vmax (2010) and I am very happy so far. The only thing that I wish (on mine) is that it had lower miles. It has 36k, but was very well maintained, and appears to be in great shape. I was able to get it for a very good price, so I had to jump on it. The one thing that I have found is that after market items are very expensive and hard to find for these bikes. I think I will be happy with this bike for some time to come. But if I was go go back to something else with 2 wheels, it might be another M109. After all, I am very familiar with them, after owning 4.

I had a new 2013 M109R and my VMax is Better in everyway. I had it 5 years and it simply isn’t in the same class as a VMax

+1 I'm not big into chrome, or polished parts. Never have been. I don't see the appeal. Chrome and polished parts are a big turn off.

Love my 2nd gen , after riding harleys for 23 yrs i switched to yamaha 5 years ago a raider, now my 2015 vmax.. how can they discontinue such a unique motorcycle, hopefully finding parts in the future wont become an issue.

Anniversary edition?!?!? That's news to me...... Where are the numbered badges?? I call BS. It's just the last of the vmax, selling while supplies last.

Here's an article, looks to be originally written around 2 years ago.. It has what they call a "special edition" with pics of the all black bike.
Definitely not the Anniversary, like the dude told me but special edition, yep..

https://autowise.com/say-goodbye-to-the-yamaha-vmax/

Here's an article, looks to be originally written around 2 years ago.. It has what they call a "special edition" with pics of the all black bike.
Definitely not the Anniversary, like the dude told me but special edition, yep..

https://autowise.com/say-goodbye-to-the-yamaha-vmax/

It's not the 60th anniversary edition, not the carbon edition. Only thing I read about either. Nothing about it being a special edition. Just a final edition.

From what I've been reading on this forum, a well taken care of Max should last 100,000+ miles.FWIW.

Love my 2nd gen , after riding harleys for 23 yrs i switched to yamaha 5 years ago a raider, now my 2015 vmax.. how can they discontinue such a unique motorcycle, hopefully finding parts in the future wont become an issue.
X2 I've had 5 Harleys over the past years also. Looking forward to picking up a Gen1 Max in the very near future. I owned a '85 Max back in the day.

Hey guys

Thinkin about a Vmax 1700

I have had a few Gen1 Vmaxes and love them to death. Well almost, I had to stop riding them for a year to slow down my addiction to speed, to power, to acceleration. Did this a few times.

So to slow the addiction I got a klr650 and when off-road. Liked offroad as a kid and it was great. It did slow me down and I stopped talking to myself and kicking myself in the ass. Helped my skill set

I said to myself, I would not go to Gen2 the 1700 Vmax, but I may just funkin do it. What is the best year of the Vmax 1700. First year usually needs updates etc. I think after a few years Yamaha is all set changes.

But I do not know what year is best Whata do you Gen2 guy think??? ??

They're all they same.

Buy the least expensive one you can find in the color you like.

Latest posts

Back