Mega Thread ' Post your day rides here '

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know, I built it! but where did you get it , I dont remember you as a customer:ummm: Is that dannymax's old seat?

I got it alnost new from kosrider when he sold his gen 1 for the gen 2.
Great job btw ! I love it and recommend it to everyone. I tt you about it in my thread ' The h(seat) is on ':thumbup:

Tapatalk 2

I got it alnost new from kosrider when he sold his gen 1 for the gen 2.
Great job btw ! I love it and recommend it to everyone. I tt you about it in my thread ' The h(seat) is on ':thumbup:

Tapatalk 2

Now I remember!thanks , I try to keep track of them like my babies . Lol

Now I remember!thanks , I try to keep track of them like my babies . Lol

Thats a cool thing Rick. You could put serial numbers on your seats. That way you would be able to keep better track of them .

Tapatalk 2

Thats a cool thing Rick. You could put serial numbers on your seats. That way you would be able to keep better track of them .

Tapatalk 2

But that would only lead me to original buyer, dont think it would help on the resold ones only two resold as far as I know, the one you have that was jeffs, and somewhere out there is a oneoff that was dannymax's

But that would only lead me to original buyer, dont think it would help on the resold ones only two resold as far as I know, the one you have that was jeffs, and somewhere out there is a oneoff that was dannymax's

Rick you could offer a way for rebuyers to re register the sr # into their name. Keeping track the new owner and have access to a pool of new happy customers to sell other products to ;)
(srry im a sales/marketing guy cant help myself :d )

Tapatalk 2

Rick you could offer a way for rebuyers to re register the sr # into their name. Keeping track the new owner and have access to a pool of new happy customers to sell other products to ;)
(srry im a sales/marketing guy cant help myself :d )

Tapatalk 2

YOU ARE, WE NEED TO TALK,you know any lawyers?

Took the FZ6 out before the cold front sets in this week. The Max stayed home ...
This is in Denton, Texas .

Attachments

• 189802_4356282298030_1896525580_n.jpg
    189802_4356282298030_1896525580_n.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 577878_4359051567260_753409466_n.jpg
    577878_4359051567260_753409466_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 35
  • 559720_4359023366555_338637440_n.jpg
    559720_4359023366555_338637440_n.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 35
Fresh Crayfish at a lunch stop coming down the east coast of New Zealand over the Xmas break. Was a great two weeks away. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358070675.738881.jpg
eqadumu4.jpg

I had to drive out to Mansfield, PA to take a look at a prospective job site. I took my company vechicle into work but to get out to Mansfield, I was going right past my house so I decided to stop in and grab the max.

It was a bit over 400 miles round trip. I left at 10AM and got home around 8PM. My route was RT 28 to RT 219 to RT 6. Once I got to Mansfield, I took a bunch of back roads to get the site. Eventually, the "roads" turned into dirt trails as I made my way back into the woods.

Close to home, most of the leaves are still green but, as I ventured farther north and east, I got a chance to catch a good glimpse of fall foliage.

As has been noted on this forum before, RT 6 is a great ride. It is a two lane road with a lot of dotted yellow lines which give plenty of opportunity to pass. I was surprised at the amount of traffic on the road. I made good use of the passing opportunities and held good speed througout most of the trip.

On my way home I was heading west, approaching the town of Smethport. Shortly before town there is a long uphill climb that was congested with traffic. A crane was at the head of the pack, causing the hold-up. As I crested the top of the hill, I saw an equally impressive downhill descent with a wide open opposing lane. I seized the opportunity and passed about 8 cars before dropping down into the town. Through town, I played nicely and obeyed the meager speed limit. It is only about a mile long. Once through town, I was caught up behind a car as the road began to open up. I found a good opportunity to pass and as I started merging right again, I saw the flash of blue and red lights as I checked my mirror.

The car I just passed started pulling over but, the police car flew right past them. No denying it is me that they are after. I put on my turn signal and took my time finding a good spot to pull over. The officer asks if I knew why I was being pulled over. I told him I was not sure, was I speeding? He chuckled a bit and said yes, most definitely. I clocked you at 50mph at the end of town. That is a 35mph zone. I told him I thought it was a 55mph zone as soon as I crossed the bridge at the end of town but apparantly, it was not. At the same time, I was thinking in the back of my head, Thank GOD he did not clock me as I was coming down the hill into the town!

He then asked for the usual paperwork and says "A yamaha v-max? Those are pretty fast bikes. Might even be able to keep up with a hayabusa" I told him I didn't think I stood much of a chance against a busa but its fast enough. He said one of his friends owned a '99 and it was a beast, extremely fast. I handed over my license and fumbled around for my insurance and registration. Apparantly, I neglected to put the updated insurance and registration cards in my document holder (baggie inside the tool pouch) as they were outdated. He took what I had and went back to his cruiser. I stood on the side of the road and watched as all the cars I had just recently passed, drove by and saw me standing on the side of the road. It always seems like you wait for an eternity while the officer is sitting in the car writing you up.

He came out with his citation pad in hand. He told me the first thing I need to do is to start carrying my updated info. Then he proceeded to explain to me that he did not give me a speeding ticket, he is writing a ticket for failure to obey traffic control devices. This is a no points ticket and it is the state minimum fine. I told him I appreciate it as I do a lot of driving for work, I signed it, and I was on my way. Could have been better but, could have been MUCH worse. No complaints here.

All in all a good day. My ass was tired of sitting on that seat, legs cramped and shoulders a bit sore from fighting the wind.....It was worth the ride!

Here are a couple pics of the bike, some of the structures I hope we will be working on, and some scenery.

2013-10-01 15.05.12.jpg

PA010023.jpg

PA010024.jpg

PA010025.jpg

PA010026.jpg

PA010027.jpg

this is my baby

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3435.jpg
    IMG_3435.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
Pic's of the first ride of the season, also break in from engine rebuild and taking my wife out for a rip on Easter Sunday. It was her first time on the bike, I had to get a back rest just to get her to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_240181733985309.jpg
    IMG_240181733985309.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_123318534928290.jpg
    IMG_123318534928290.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_240412326392536.jpg
    IMG_240412326392536.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20140406_150639.jpg
    20140406_150639.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 12
Not much else to do today besides go for a spin and try to get lost, found a nice road through a forest I don't think I've been on before

Latest posts

Back