Thunder 2015

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Absolutely !!!!!!!!!
I Love the fact that Brian Rides that Sexy Red Head all the way down from the UP.
RedBone is a True Red head, she's tough as nails, smoking hot and definitely no trailer queen, Hell according to Tyler's very verbal opinion on trailering Vmaxes, she's probably even Canadian. :D

And Larry and Trevor need to get on the Ball and get all our Southern Ontario Based Vmax riders back for next year. :punk:

Yes sir!!

Dale

Thanks for all the pictures. Looked like it was a good time and the Vmax was well represented.

Need to put this event on my bucket list and get my ass down there one year.

Mike

Last edited:
No mention if you guys broke the record we had a few years back with 100 maxes present and the cops and fire departments called to the scene of the Villager! LOL

We broke the record for idiot's that ride in the rain. The fucking tent's with rain pond's on them got me a few time's also. Idiot's partying in the rain also. The worst was our ride home man did it suck. 300 mile of cold hard rain 400 for Lee. we even got hale for a mile or so. No rain gear never again.

Yeah, the rain did not let up here in Eastern part of pa either. Felt bad for you guys. I try to ride in fair weather...hate getting wet and cold! Glad a bunch still made it and had fun.

Jim

Frog Togs are a cheap rain set. Made of the stuff they wrap houses with for a water vapor barrier, Tyvek.

When I lived in MI 40+ yrs ago, I bought a state of the art, for the time Belstaff waxed-cotton two-piece suit. The jacket finally rotted away but I still have the pants. If you're riding in rain, you need thermal protection besides waterproofness. Keeping your hands warm & dry will keep you much more comfortable and able to control the bike better. Heated clothing is probably the best idea.

I have several waterproof sets including boots and gloves, and while I don't actually ride much in the rain, when I have, my comfort is much higher than without it. I found a good pair of hockey gloves consisting of two pieces ea hand took care of stopping coldness and wetness. I got them at an end of the year sale at a ski shop.

Tourmaster and Dianese are two lines I have items from, and Alpinestars, all high quality weather gear which performs as needed.

Just make sure that thing is ready to ride next June Brian. We missed you being there this year.

Absolutely !!!!!!!!!
I Love the fact that Brian Rides that Sexy Red Head all the way down from the UP.
RedBone is a True Red head, she's tough as nails, smoking hot and definitely no trailer queen, Hell according to Tyler's very verbal opinion on trailering Vmaxes, she's probably even Canadian. :D

And Larry and Trevor need to get on the Ball and get all our Southern Ontario Based Vmax riders back for next year. :punk:

Yes sir!!

Dale

Thanks for all the pictures. Looked it was a good time and the Vmax was well represented.

Need to put this event on my bucket list and get my ass down there one year.

Mike
Looks like we need to put a Canadian group ride in for next year! Being in the eastern U.P. I sometimes get called a Southern Canadian, but no matter what they call me I am a Yooper and calling Redbone a Canadian just makes her all the more feisty! She will be ready to go George just make sure Seth joins in on the fun too! Punxsutawney Tuesday/ Wednesday layover?

Frog Togs are a cheap rain set. Made of the stuff they wrap houses with for a water vapor barrier, Tyvek.

When I lived in MI 40+ yrs ago, I bought a state of the art, for the time Belstaff waxed-cotton two-piece suit. The jacket finally rotted away but I still have the pants. If you're riding in rain, you need thermal protection besides waterproofness. Keeping your hands warm & dry will keep you much more comfortable and able to control the bike better. Heated clothing is probably the best idea.

I have several waterproof sets including boots and gloves, and while I don't actually ride much in the rain, when I have, my comfort is much higher than without it. I found a good pair of hockey gloves consisting of two pieces ea hand took care of stopping coldness and wetness. I got them at an end of the year sale at a ski shop.

Tourmaster and Dianese are two lines I have items from, and Alpinestars, all high quality weather gear which performs as needed.
Yes, check out Tourmaster rain gear, I have the Elite II set and they have never leaked and are HD while fitting right over my regular gear. I haven't had it for 40 years but for the last 7 years I pack it along on all my longer trips.

Every time I've gone down to Thunder I've ridden through a monsoon either coming or going. I have to say I'm sorry I missed this year but sounds like I would have been soaked again! Hundreds of miles in rain is not fun. I now understand the guys who trailer down.

Dale

Every time I've gone down to Thunder I've ridden through a monsoon either coming or going. I have to say I'm sorry I missed this year but sounds like I would have been soaked again! Hundreds of miles in rain is not fun. I now understand the guys who trailer down.

Dale
There are those that bok at those of us that trailer.
But when I get to an event. I'm ready to ride with no soar ass on a clean dry MAX. I can take everything I need or want with me so I don't have to waste money on shit I already have. And if for some reason the Max isn't rideable for the trip home. I can still get back home on schedule.
So call me what ever you want. I'll show up ready to ride the whole damn time in comfort and in any weather.

Comin To Ya LIVE
From Cowboy's S4.

Robert,
I don't care how someone gets their Vmax to Thunder, as long as they get there !!!!
And if I was coming all the way from Sunny Florida, I'd probably trailer in too.

I am seriously considering getting a trailer to haul a bike to events like Thunder. The ride home sucked big time, and I'm not as young as I used to be. I figure with 49 seasons of riding and near half a million miles, I'm not needing to impress anyone any more.

Latest posts

Back