Motorcyclist test of v-max vs. B-king

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gen 2 Can make over 200 Hp at the rear wheel and over 125 lbs torque and can run in the mid 9 second range with bolt on Goodies and Put A BIG Grin on your face every time you ride it..You Dont buy the vmax because its cheap you buy it because of the love of the bike and its a legend..lets face it you can buy a gen 1 for lets say $3500 and upgrade the wheels and the motor and exhaust and spend 4,5,or $6000 dollars and still get out run by a $5000 dollar used Gsxr 1000 someone got that a few things done to it..is it the same nope its still not the vmax
I could have got any bike I wanted a few months ago and paid cash free and clear a Nice harley Bagger and super fast ZX14 a busa or what ever I wanted but after a 20 minute ride on a gen 2 and seeing one in person up close and looking at it good it was over :worthy:that was the bike for me..sure I could have got 3 or 4 bikes used for what I have in my gen 2 but its what I love to ride and I have always been True to the Max.. Not saying anything wrong with anyone elses choice just loved the gen 2 from the first few minutes.:worthy:

I still want a b-king to go with my Gen 1. Great combination for the garage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

V4 against an inline 4, to me, kind of an apple /orange thing.:ummm:
VMAX = Muscle bike = bottom and mid range power with a great sound.
Which I don't see from the Bin King which looks like a guy wiped out his sport bike then glued some shit on from his civic.

:rofl_200:

Great thing about opinions, they are just like a$$holes. I love ALL muscle bikes! I will have a Gen2 eventually, just didn't feel the need to by one when my B-King is faster and 1/2 the price. LOL.

I own a Suzuki M109R. One thing I will say about Suzuki, their customer service and warranty SUCK! I'd be hard pressed to buy another Suzuki...

I'm just not a big fan of the way the B(urger)King looks....:ummm:

Now the GSX1100G is a much better looking bike in my opinion....

item108463-4.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are actually guys that think the 1st generation VMAX is butt ugly!!!

Lots of people think this from my experience. I just assume they are crazy and go back to tearing them up light to light. Largest complaint I have heard is about the scoops and how they just don't get why anyone would put them on a bike.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do t see how anyone that likes the gen 1 max can think the Bking is ugly, they're both weird in very similar ways....

Lots of people think this from my experience. I just assume they are crazy and go back to tearing them up light to light. Largest complaint I have heard is about the scoops and how they just don't get why anyone would put them on a bike.

The scoops catch the air to keep the front wheel down..:rofl_200:

LOL. I'll use that logic next time.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I do t see how anyone that likes the gen 1 max can think the Bking is ugly, they're both weird in very similar ways....

Its the tail and exhaust!
Put a brocks exhaust on and clean up the tail and it looks 100X better IMO. I'd love to have one.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

You go ahead and push that vmax. I dont see anything wrong with the b-king or the gen 2 vmax. Other than you can buy a b-king used for $7200 and its already faster than a used gen 2 vmax at $12000 hell you could own a gen 1 vmax and a b-king for $12000

3459700019_2f49b6a6c7_b_d.jpg

That is Badd Ass!

Just keeping this old thread alive because I am struggling with this decision myself...Trade both my bikes ( 07 Bandit 1250, 99 Max. Both with 17k on the odo) for a Gen2. Or Sell Bandit and buy a Bking..... I need a bike that I can ride on the weekends with the wife comfortably, that what brought me to the Vmax in the first place. If I went with the Gen2 it would have to be my daily rider plus weekend duty. If I went with the Bking, my Gen1 would most likely only see 2up action..

Go test ride a B-King and you'll want to own it. How far are you from Lexington? I'll be down at the dragon in March, I'll let you swing a leg over it for a few laps! :punk:

Very far! Colorado, thanks for the offer though. That is just it though, I need to test ride both before I make that choice. I'm a Suzuki fan at heart, i wish they would take that motor platform and put it in a FJR type bike. I would be all over that! Or a naked with a bigger pax area... the Bandit isn't all that 2up friendly.

i loved the bking when it came out, not remotely able to buy it at that time. the gen 2 vmax is the best looking bike imho. i love it, none of them with me on it is gonna win anything against a sub 200lb rider that can ride decent b/c i weight over 290 with riding gear on and weight loss is not an option unless i get cancer or something so i have to be content with the feel of the bike. anything that close will come down to the rider though the bking has the bigger aftermarket. the thing that closed the door for me is that the bking i rode had hideous bar vibes and i hate bar vibes, it ruins quite a few good performers for me.

i loved the bking when it came out, not remotely able to buy it at that time. the gen 2 vmax is the best looking bike imho. i love it, none of them with me on it is gonna win anything against a sub 200lb rider that can ride decent b/c i weight over 290 with riding gear on and weight loss is not an option unless i get cancer or something so i have to be content with the feel of the bike. anything that close will come down to the rider though the bking has the bigger aftermarket. the thing that closed the door for me is that the bking i rode had hideous bar vibes and i hate bar vibes, it ruins quite a few good performers for me.

They were notorious for bad handlebar vibration, especially with stock bars and grips. The Hayabusa's had the same issue, probably because it's basically the same engine. The "fix" was not too complicated, a new set of bars and some "vibranators". They cost about 125 bucks, glorified bar ends basically, but they insert to the end of the bars and knock out probably 90% of the vibration, made a world of difference. Before, I couldn't ride 15 mins without a buzzing hand, after I made the change, I could ride for a couple hours before noticing it. Has something to do with the I4 engine configuration I think, but it's definitely a problem. None of the V4's I've ever had suffered from this condition! :punk:

Good to know. Ive always felt the manufacturers just dont get the balance right. Same reason i bought a zx14 when i truly wanted a hyabusa as theyre both plenty fast. Went with the 14r bc its butter smooth and its an inline 4. My ninja 1000 isnt bad as the busa and its an inline 4 but not like the 14r. Its like they just a bit more engineering into the flagship bike. As for the v4 comment. I couldnt agree more. The vmax is like a bigger version of the tuono and rsv4r engines and all the v-4 engined bikes ive ridden give a feel thats hard to describe but its noticeable. They just feel good and are not vibey

Back