Replacing Carb Diaphragms

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not complaining, just stating my experience. Stuck them in the tube wacked it twice with the hammer and the bottom broke out. Just a lesson learned for me. Replace the 30yr old slides.

I found a place called" siriusconinc "that has the diaphragms and other bits and pieces at good prices ($71.88 for four) and good postage rates which you need when you live in the antipodes (new Zealand)

Help! I'm in the process of replacing the diaphragms ,but what I didn't do before taking off the old ones was mark where the tag of the diaphragm was in connection with the slide ,is it that critical ? are they all the same ? if so could someone send me a photo of theirs so I could line mine up the same,thanks,Brian

OMG ive just replaced the diaphragms after seeing pinholes of light shinning through when i put a torch behind them,i saw results of people trying to knock the ends out which wasnt good so i went the safeway and got the machinist at work to lathe the ends off which only took him about half an hour, i took off the old diaphragms put the new ones on and used an epoxy to glue them together ,so far about 1000ks and they have stayed together and have made a night and day difference its like having the old girl back,quicker response and more pulling power for sure you dont realise how mad it was untill you do something like this

I like the option that THMAX98 used. Make sure you index the rubber to the slide, as removed. Did anyone else try the reversed butter knife option to press the new rubbers in. Worked great for me. No cutting or gluing. Just go easy and don't twist the knife blade and use lots of lube... Video is on UTUBE.

On ebay right now 4 diaphragms on slides assembled $23.00 with free shipping from Kentucky. Anyone used these?

I wasn't aware they come apart like that but had seen the grinder method previously.

There is a third way way which has no risk of damage, let's see if this video link works.

Diaphragms were always a PITB until I got 2 good sets for the bikes.. Both ran perfect for many years and still are once I got the carbs synced perfectly... :)
Good to see you post Dave, I hope all is well? I'm another that works the rubber diaphragms off without cutting the slides.

Latest posts

Back