• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

ridde a supercharged 1997 VMax 18K miles $6500

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty sure I saw this on eBay a year or so ago. If I remember correctly the motor hasn’t been modified at all for the supercharger and I don’t think it was being run with an air filter at that point. I may be wrong though.

I wonder if that's a non-tensioned by the idler wheel shorter belt or something. It doesn't look long-enough to run-to toe idler wheel.

I copied the picture and tried blowing it up. Kind of grainy, but maybe it's a 'toothed' idler and he pulls it back toward the rear of the bike and it puts pressure on the toothed (inside) of the belt to tighten it up.

I've never seen that before for a Vmax. They usually ride on the outside, smooth, part of the belt for tension.

Either way, it would not make a difference to be low boost or high boost. The belt tension needs to be correct to the belt doesn't jump teeth and skip, or it would tear itself apart and be flopping all over during running. Usually the low boost or high is determined by the pulley ratio. The larger the drive pulley, and the smaller in comparison driven pulley, will make the blower spin faster and produce more boost (as long as the blow-off valve can hold that boost).

*personally, I think he's running a pulley set with a belt that winds up being too tight to run the tensioner in the correct way. It doesn't look right to me and I've never seen a Magnacharger on a Vmax running with the idler/adjustment pulley like that.

Vinnie

They are cogged driven and therfore it should be on the other side for proper operation.

I can see a dog walking up to it and sticking his nose in it.

Latest posts

Back