• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for adjustable levers for an 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
do you really think for a stock setup it'd be an issue?

It might be if you are caught in traffic... But thats my opinion and as you know i carry very few stock parts on my bikes regarding brakes and clutch...

Yes, if stock OEM for the clutch, shorty's will do just fine.

Do you have a pic of your fjr masters on the bike? I keep debating to change up the brake and clutch masters, but havent yet. What year masters you running? Did you do the brake too?

just the clutch side. i coudl get the brake if you are interested?

they're off an '05.

i'd do them again in a heartbeat altho theres a 1/2" or so of play in the brake before it engages that bugs me but may not others.

Attachments

• IMAG0143.jpg
    IMAG0143.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 47
  • IMAG0144.jpg
    IMAG0144.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 46
It might be if you are caught in traffic... But thats my opinion and as you know i carry very few stock parts on my bikes regarding brakes and clutch...

yea i follow, but my shorty lever on my fjr master with DD mod is probably similar to stock master/clutch.

I have had a hit on the numbers stamped on the levers. (R45 and L51)
It seems they are available from a place called Titax.

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195_383_397&products_id=752

They are $230, which is good for those people who believe that you get what you pay for! :rofl_200:

That kinda wins me. I'm feeling fairly confident that these are the same.
I haven't got much internet time at the moment, but I'll try and have a bit more of a look at this soon! :biglaugh:

Now that I have been riding again, my levers are giving me the shits. Mine are cut down about 1.25" and are really nice except I need fingers about 2" longer to be comfortable. :rofl_200:

Holy shit, there is an extra 2 pages now!
I'll read it later and see if people think they look like they are going to fit.
COOL! :biglaugh:

I just held my brake lever up to the picture, It looks REALLY close. If I had the extra coin, I'd pull the trigger on them.

Guys, are you all blind? I posted back on #34 all this information and you can get those directly from Titax for $189.95. Check the link out I posted and click on either the long or short racing levers. Select the vmax all years NON NISSIN to get the S073 R45 L51 lever set. Customize it as you like thereafter and whoolah! These are quality levers sold in the USA from a European manufacturer.

I have had a hit on the numbers stamped on the levers. (R45 and L51)
It seems they are available from a place called Titax.

http://www.fastbikegear.co.nz/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=195_383_397&products_id=752

They are $230, which is good for those people who believe that you get what you pay for! :rofl_200:

That kinda wins me. I'm feeling fairly confident that these are the same.
I haven't got much internet time at the moment, but I'll try and have a bit more of a look at this soon! :biglaugh:

Now that I have been riding again, my levers are giving me the shits. Mine are cut down about 1.25" and are really nice except I need fingers about 2" longer to be comfortable. :rofl_200:

I just held my brake lever up to the picture, It looks REALLY close. If I had the extra coin, I'd pull the trigger on them.

i can't see any issues.

Guys, are you all blind? I posted back on #34 all this information and you can get those directly from Titax for $189.95. Check the link out I posted and click on either the long or short racing levers. Select the vmax all years NON NISSIN to get the S073 R45 L51 lever set. Customize it as you like thereafter and whoolah! These are quality levers sold in the USA from a European manufacturer.

the ebay link is for $60 with free shipping tho. must be european manf vs Chinese eh?

From what I can tell, from looking on the internet, but not having access to the physical parts in question, there are 2 types of levers being advertised.

One type is the sort that fits the MT-01 Yamaha, and also fits a swag of other bikes, including the 2009-10 Vmax, and I believe Gamorgs bike with the '05 FJR masters. This is the one that some of the Chinese places are mistakenly posting as a "vmax all years" because there must have been some countries that used slightly different masters. They would be the Nissin ones. I have no idea what they fit, and it's just a case of chinese manufacturers copying each others listings, and the error has spread.

The other type is the R45 L51 type, which seem to be less common.

It is also possible that this Chinese manufacturer has the correct levers. Their listing seems to avoid the Gen2, the MT-01, and the FJR's like Gamorg has. To me it means that they might be right.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/23068736805...m=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
I sent these guys a message too. They don't offer any service and just say that their listings are always right. As such, there is nothing to look at with these ones, other than buy a set and see what turns up. Pfft.

The girl Amy who went to the extra effort of walking into the warehouse and taking a few pictures for me sort of made me feel like they are interested in doing business. If you know what I mean.

I'm willing to buy some of these when I get paid again in a couple of weeks. I have recently spend way too much money and I have to wait for the finances to recover. :rofl_200:

do you agree the way the ads are written that those prices are per pair?

Ok, I didnt realize they are of the same. Sorry bout that. Anyhow, I have been emailing with Amy at WXTRacing. She is sending me actual pictures of the levers for comparison. I explained how we dont want to purchase these all the way from China to find out they arent compatible with our stock OEM pumps/levers. Hopefully I will have the pictures tonight. I'm in on this deal if confirmed!

I'll keep you posted.......

Did Amy send you the pictures yet? I am sure thats what shes going to be sending to me too? I know the Titax was confirmed by the mfg since i sent in detailed closeups for them to match up, but I'm not spending $190 for levers....better things to invest in for that price tag.....

THanks

From what I can tell, from looking on the internet, but not having access to the physical parts in question, there are 2 types of levers being advertised.

One type is the sort that fits the MT-01 Yamaha, and also fits a swag of other bikes, including the 2009-10 Vmax, and I believe Gamorgs bike with the '05 FJR masters. This is the one that some of the Chinese places are mistakenly posting as a "vmax all years" because there must have been some countries that used slightly different masters. They would be the Nissin ones. I have no idea what they fit, and it's just a case of chinese manufacturers copying each others listings, and the error has spread.

The other type is the R45 L51 type, which seem to be less common.

It is also possible that this Chinese manufacturer has the correct levers. Their listing seems to avoid the Gen2, the MT-01, and the FJR's like Gamorg has. To me it means that they might be right.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/23068736805...m=&sspagename=ADME:X:eRTM:MOTORS:1123&vxp=mtr
I sent these guys a message too. They don't offer any service and just say that their listings are always right. As such, there is nothing to look at with these ones, other than buy a set and see what turns up. Pfft.

The girl Amy who went to the extra effort of walking into the warehouse and taking a few pictures for me sort of made me feel like they are interested in doing business. If you know what I mean.

I'm willing to buy some of these when I get paid again in a couple of weeks. I have recently spend way too much money and I have to wait for the finances to recover. :rofl_200:

Ok, I didnt realize they are of the same. Sorry bout that. Anyhow, I have been emailing with Amy at WXTRacing. She is sending me actual pictures of the levers for comparison. I explained how we dont want to purchase these all the way from China to find out they arent compatible with our stock OEM pumps/levers. Hopefully I will have the pictures tonight. I'm in on this deal if confirmed!

I'll keep you posted.......

Here's the email chain :

"Hi,

I would like to buy these levers for my 1985 Yamaha V-max.
Can you please give me a picture of the actual item that will be sent?
I am a member of a V-max forum, and many people are interested in these levers, but we want to see a picture to prove that they are the correct
ones.

Thank you,

Baz"

----------

"Of course, friend.

Pls give us your email address, we will send you the
correct picture for 1985 Yamaha V-max.

Best regards

Amy"

----------

"Dear friend,

We have been sent you 3 pictures.

Thanks.

Amy"

----------

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showpost.php?p=242976&postcount=28

baz & mike they look right to me. They even have that same number of R45/L51 on the black pieces of amy's email.

baz & mike they look right to me. They even have that same number of R45/L51 on the black pieces of amy's email.

Yep, totally.
And now, if you google "R45 L51" the third hit is page 5 of this thread, Titax NZ is 5th and 6th in google. :rofl_200:
Those google-bots are doing their jobs!
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back