My first time down the drag strip

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hypermax

Reaction score
Went to Byron Dragway 9/14/14 and ran my Vmax for the first time. Was sunny but cool, maybe 60 degrees. Had some fun and learned a little. Have a lot more to learn! This was my 5th ever and best pass.
Bike,
stock suspension
UFO megaphones, 2.5 outlets
minimal jetting, stock airbox

Best part was I was invited by a Harley guy to come and run. Local Harley dealer was having an event at the strip. Contest for best ET, fastest MPH, etc.
They let me run with them and I had fastest MPH of their small group.
I won a $100 gift card!

Attachments

• time slip.jpg
    time slip.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 123
Good job. nothing like running down the track. Especially if you win:eusa_dance:

Super! I have been wanting to do that. Never been down a strip. Who knows...older guy with forward controls...maybe one day lol

Nice job!!................:punk:.................I'll bet that hurt having to give the prize to a non Harley!...................:biglaugh:..................Tom.

.....just saw this thread.....

Congrats. Like Beekeeper said - I bet they didn't foresee giving their $100 gift card to a non-HD.

Zooming down that track has a way of getting the heart rate up for sure - at least it does for me. I can only imagine doing so AND taking home a prize.

Yep, this had to sting a little. Their inaugural event too. I told them from the start non-HD, manager said no problem. I even said I would pull out so a HD could win, again no problem. Their have been some FB rumblings after though.....
I want to race again, but I won't run with their group again.

Attachments

• ByronAward.jpg
    ByronAward.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 24
Congratulations on the Win !

PS
I just checked their facbook page and they didn't post any pictures of you and your max that I could find. ;)

Latest posts

Back