New Muscle Gauges

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The smallest the quad gauge is available is the 3-3/8" gauge. The one pictured is a 4". They have larger available too. I already asked and 3 LED"s are all they can install at this time. Not sure if I can pay them a little bit to design a new board to add the remaining two indicators to get them all in place on the one gauge (would be awesome).

Here's a friends double setup he did years ago with Autometer stuff. We could do a very common design for these new gauges easily enough.

I like the look and the location. I've been wanting to get my tach up where I can see it better. Looking down at three digit speed is a bit hairy. My wide band gauge is looking to go where the OEM tach. is.

Last edited:
Sean, your making or having these made ?

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a 4" gauge, big analog tachometer, speedometer digital/ odometer/ tripmeter(resettable) (no analog), and maybe turn signals, oil light, water temp light.

Sean, your making or having these made ?

Speedhut is making these for us to our specs (note you won't see a 10k rev range on their website and working to get some other options available for us too).

Sean

I'm interested in a gauge too mate, we could buy together and save a little on postage if you're keen? Looking forward to getting final dimensions/photo's including the cup and total $$..

I just placed an order for one today for an Aussie. Not sure how much shipping we can save but if you guys think it will work better that way I'm fine with that too.

Sean

How about a 4" gauge, big analog tachometer, speedometer digital/ odometer/ tripmeter(resettable) (no analog), and maybe turn signals, oil light, water temp light.

So, mainly a tach only with the digital readout for the rest at the bottom like the dual gauges have (though they don't normally display the speed)?

Also, I was told only 3 LED's available with their current board setup (as seen on the dual gauge).

I'm running a Speedhut 12k r.p.m. tack , mine is a 2 1/16", and I'm using 7/32" L.E.D.s for the panel.
Wonder if they could engineer the lights into an instrument that small?

Attachments

• PC130005.jpg
    PC130005.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 220
I'm interested in a gauge too mate, we could buy together and save a little on postage if you're keen? Looking forward to getting final dimensions/photo's including the cup and total $$..

If you're in Perth then thats a possibility.

I just placed an order for one today for an Aussie. Not sure how much shipping we can save but if you guys think it will work better that way I'm fine with that too.

Sean

We're on opposite sides of the country so no saving to be gained unfortunately.

I had a look at the Speedhut website and they say the gauges aren't water resistant, is this something having the cup on the back will remedy?

So, mainly a tach only with the digital readout for the rest at the bottom like the dual gauges have (though they don't normally display the speed)?

Also, I was told only 3 LED's available with their current board setup (as seen on the dual gauge).
I'm mainly concerned about having a large tachometer and a digital speedometer up where I can read at speed, any other options included would be a bonus. I can mount a fuel gauge into the lower bezel in the faux tank with oil pressure and engine temp.

We're on opposite sides of the country so no saving to be gained unfortunately.

I had a look at the Speedhut website and they say the gauges aren't water resistant, is this something having the cup on the back will remedy?

We have additional silicon added and the cup will help as well

As an option, would it be possible to make the cup to take the warning lights around the bottom - similar to the rectangular ones the custom guys use. Then get the three led's arranged as a shift light? This with the dual gauge (tach/speed) would have it all covered.

As an option, would it be possible to make the cup to take the warning lights around the bottom - similar to the rectangular ones the custom guys use. Then get the three led's arranged as a shift light? This with the dual gauge (tach/speed) would have it all covered.
There's a circumferential shift light that's pretty slick. I'll have to search later, but that would be an easy way to do that part. You might also see if Gannon (88vmx12) is ready to make/sell his idiot light risers yet. I know he prototyped at least one. That would solve the other part of your request.

Literally anything is possible depending on how deep your pockets are...

Just got another configuration in. Note that this one has 3 small LED"s. One for signal (amber), one for high beam (blue), and one for nuetral (green). It's also in KPH to answer those that asked if this was possible.

Attachments

• IMG_20150118_105245_704.jpg
    IMG_20150118_105245_704.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 87
Not much, local machinist isnt doing well so got another guy going to help us out. Here's the basic idea.

Attachments

• IMG_20141223_113758_160.jpg
    IMG_20141223_113758_160.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 85
first lighting of the Venture pair

Attachments

• 10407670_10152983176291702_4580238432556452439_n.jpg
    10407670_10152983176291702_4580238432556452439_n.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 76
Better view of the on/off button for the lighting and the dimmer knob.

Attachments

• IMG_20150125_141317_043.jpg
    IMG_20150125_141317_043.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 56

Latest posts

Back