Track day

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to the track this weekend for test and tune. First time at the track in about 3 years. I went out to test my new mods and Ignitech tune. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the ET and MPH. My reaction time and 60ft left a lot on the table. I was running a conservative tune on the Ignitech and using my homemade quickshift. Similar advance curve to Dyna3000 curve #2 with 87 octane, non-ethanol pump gas. I'm pretty sure the carb tuning is a bit on the rich side with #155 mains. I'll sort that out on the dyno later. I might try making a more advanced curve for premium fuel and try it out on the dyno as well. So, I think the bike will get faster as I make some changes to it and get more practice.

Info on the bike:
Stock power plant with about 3k on rebuild.
Morley muscle undercut trans
Morley muscle jet kit
Ignitech ignition with COP conversion (stock plug gap)
Quickshift (homemade bracket and switch)
UFO 4-2 header with Delkevic 12" oval cans, baffles removed.
17" rear wheel with Pilot Rad 4 GT rubber
Front end lowered 1" internally and strapped (it still pulled the front wheel pretty good on the 1-2 and 2-3 shifts)

Also, I am a very heavy rider at 275lbs in full race attire and the bike has frame braces, engine guards, highway pegs, and sissy bar.

Left lane, lucky #13

Attachments

• 20180306_064051.jpg
    20180306_064051.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 63
Are we supposed to guess the lane? LOL!
I'm going to say the left by your comment on the 60'
Glad you were safe and had fun!

What happened to the guy in the rt lane?

Are we supposed to guess the lane? LOL!
I'm going to say the left by your comment on the 60'
Glad you were safe and had fun!

What happened to the guy in the rt lane?

Lol yeah, that was a double badass, big tire, 1/8 mile car in the right lane. I wish I was throwing down 60' and 1/8 times like that.

Lol yeah, that was a double badass, big tire, 1/8 mile car in the right lane. I wish I was throwing down 60' and 1/8 times like that.

I've seen a bunch of people post about running against cars at their track, starting to think my local track is one of the few that doesn't allow it lol.

But on another note,
Bike should pick up a couple tenths from the 60 foot alone. 155s probably is a bit rich, but I don't think your E/T/MPH are too terribly far off for considering your weight.

Good run

Thanks, I believe it will get better with some practice. I've never been an avid drag racer, but I used to go to the track a couple times a year. Now that the babies are getting a bit older, I can make it more often.

I've seen a bunch of people post about running against cars at their track, starting to think my local track is one of the few that doesn't allow it lol.

But on another note,
Bike should pick up a couple tenths from the 60 foot alone. 155s probably is a bit rich, but I don't think your E/T/MPH are too terribly far off for considering your weight.

Good run

The only times they allow it here is during test-n-tune and also during the Midnight Drags which is pretty much all grudge racing.

The only times they allow it here is during test-n-tune and also during the Midnight Drags which is pretty much all grudge racing.

Thunder Valley in noble doesn't allow it, but Ardmore Dragway down south does. Had to run bikes only this past friday (which was no fun - racing stretched ZX-14's is pointless) I did outrun a newer R1 though. He spun hard but hey, a wins a win lol.

Thunder Valley in noble doesn't allow it, but Ardmore Dragway down south does. Had to run bikes only this past friday (which was no fun - racing stretched ZX-14's is pointless) I did outrun a newer R1 though. He spun hard but hey, a wins a win lol.

Take that W however it comes. That's racing. I manage to kill an unsuspecting liter+ bike once in a wile as well. Usually not at the track, but it does happen once in a while. It's more fun to catch em at a stoplight.

I'm about equidistant between the 2. I need to start having fun at the track.

If you more runs and launch practice, go to ardmore. It's only an 1/8th mile, but I made about 12 runs in one night. I made 3 at thunder valley.

I managed about 6 or 7 runs this time, but 3 or 4 were very close together, early in the day. At the Midnight Drags on Friday or Saturday night, I'm lucky to get 4. Gets pretty crowded.

Latest posts

Back