Engine O Rings

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1969

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am going to be fitting an uprated o ring and engine saver bracket, have any of you guys done the job, are there any pitfalls I need to look out for, the only thing that Im concerned with are the header bolts, anyone got any tips who has done this job?

The most trying part is removing the oil pan gasket from the bottom of the engine.

To remove the header bolts, I cut a few inches off the end of a 8mm hex key and turned the stub with a small ratcheting wrench. Worked quite well.

I installed the Kawasaki style oval washer on the oil galley pipe.
I installed the C.O.O "pop stopper" on the bottom of the elbow to hold it in place in lieu of installing the bracket you are using.

While I had it all apart, I installed a heavy duty oiling kit. I got the oiling kit and Kawasaki oval washer from Sean Morley/Morleys Muscle. The kit includes a new oil pump drive gear to increase volume and a shim to increase the pressure.

I like to cinch the tube down with stainless safety wire. It isn't going anywhere after that, a new puck for good measure. Actually the Kawasaki o-ring probably holds much tighter than the OEM, and also helps a lot.
+1 to the oil pump kit. Never been sorry I did it.

Thanks for the advice guys :clapping:

I have contacted Morleys Muscle by email about the oil pump upgrade and the O ring, I am waiting to hear back from him

Max Midnight; that number doesn't work, on ronayers anyways. Kawasaki? Correct? Do you know what its for? Maybe i can look it up. Thanks

Latest posts

Back