• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1989 VMax Las Vegas $2000 and 8K miles claimed

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Not mine, no one I know.

https://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/d/yamaha-vmax1200/6720823820.html

I call "b.s.' on the "never laid-down" claim, look-at the right scoop and the front of the right exhaust canister. Doesn't look-like strawberry jelly to me, there. :rofl_200: Then-again, perhaps the owner is bemoaning his lonely personal status vis-a-vis the opposite sex? :ummm::confused2:

Also, if it hasn't been used in oh, eight years!!! I expect the front and rear brakes are non-functional, and you can include the hydraulic clutch in that 'needs-to-be-rebuilt' category too.

From the ad:
1989 yamaha VMAX 1200cc immaculate condition never been layed, clean title in hand has been sitting for 8 years purchased from second owner needs battery and carb cleaning starts up only with starting fluid engine sounds real good, priced to sell if i go through the carburetor price will go up asking 2000 firm. No tire kickers please. 702-689-3414

It is low miles, if that can be believed. Someone will probably be tempted at that price and mileage, but if you couldn't do the work yourself, that's probably an easy $1000 in labor to do all-that, and we haven't mentioned the gas tank yet.

If I can not ride it to check the gears $ 2,000 is way to high. I have seen bikes with really low miles & bad transmissions.

I agree with you there. The marketplace will always have buyers with stars in their eyes willing to overlook such fundamental issues because of what the odometer is whispering sweetly into their ears.

Back