1995 Dyno Results

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

backfire

Reaction score
Hi guys...I'm new here, but thought I'd post my dyno results for those that are interested. I ran my stone-stock, 35,000 mile 1995 machine on the rollers here at work about 1 1/2 Summers ago as soon as I bought it from the second owner. The bike was meticulously taken care of and had every single receipt of fuel used, maint. records, service intervals, etc. and it hadn't been beaten on from what I could tell. The original owner rode the bike as a highway/trip cruiser and the second owner didn't get to ride it much after he bought it from the first guy, as he broke his back from falling off a roof while working shortly after getting it, so the machine just sat in his garage forever- until I found it.

I thought it was a real find, plus it was the *exact* year I wanted!! :punk:

Anywho....here's what she did~

Run #1: Right off the truck after I got it- Crappy old gas, miss-firing, cobwebs all over the thing, dirty as heck...

Run #2: Cleaned the thing off, drained the gas and added fresh 93 pump fuel, aired up the tires and cleaned the carbon-fouled spark plugs enough so the thing wouldn't miss-fire...

Run #4: Added a fresh set of plugs and gapped them..

Run #5: Changed the oil and filter and this is the best she did overall to date.

It really runs strong and it's never let me down. :)

Attachments

• vmax comparo-1.jpg
    vmax comparo-1.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 258
John, dyno sheet looks great! I recommend using 87 gas. 93 is overkill and it'll just create an abundance of carbon in your combustion chamber and valves.

Mark

Nice numbers for bone stock. Standard pipes and all, huh? I've been toying with the idea of switching from stock exhaust but that's a lot of dough for just a few more horesepower. I need to keep it under 80 mph anyway. I need to get mine on a dyno and see where I'm at now.

Nice numbers for bone stock. Standard pipes and all, huh? I've been toying with the idea of switching from stock exhaust but that's a lot of dough for just a few more horesepower. I need to keep it under 80 mph anyway. I need to get mine on a dyno and see where I'm at now.

HP numbers are only one of many variables. The rate/speed in which it gets there is one, and the other is weight. The stockers weigh about 15 or 20 pounds more than a good 4-2 system. Oh and lets not forget about sound... Mr. Max likes to bark but it's bite isn't too bad...:banana:

I am doing a baseline in Topeka at the annual VMOA event... Then plan on setting it up with stage 7.:thumbs up:

Back