1st Annual N.E. International Pizza Run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like there is going to be a fall ride up here in the northeast!! :clapping:

Here's the deal....The plan is to meet up in Syracuse, NY (exact location to be established) and ride up I-81 to US RT # 11 and end up in Canton, NY. MapQuest says it's about 2 1/2 hours, 130 miles. (Cop Runner says we can make it in 1 hour, easy)!! :confused2:

We'll meet Buster and his crew from Canada in Canton, shoot the shit and have some of that delicious Canton Pizza!! It ain't brownies, but by jeez, it's the next best thing!! :eusa_dance:

Perhaps we can watch Garrett eat one of those "Big Bag" things!! They sound like killers!!! (note: make sure the Canton/Potsdam Hospital has a full Gastro unit:biglaugh:)

No date has been set yet, this thread is to find out who's interested, and when the best time is.

Let us know!! :punk:

Danny,

Will have to wait and see, but it looks as though the 26th of Sept for me at the earliest. If the ride happens that late I should be in like Flint:eusa_dance:

hey danny. since my folks live in utica, we could always meet up here

taking route 12/812/3 up north is gonna be a lot more fun that the highways. its really not any longer as well. i could also have a very safe place for u to keep the truck & trailer.

here would be the trail:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=4...4,-75.248108&spn=0.594871,1.454315&z=10&via=1

about 2 - 2.5 hrs in a cage. imagine less than 2 on a bike.

hey danny. since my folks live in utica, we could always meet up here

taking route 12/812/3 up north is gonna be a lot more fun that the highways. its really not any longer as well. i could also have a very safe place for u to keep the truck & trailer.

here would be the trail:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=4...4,-75.248108&spn=0.594871,1.454315&z=10&via=1

about 2 - 2.5 hrs in a cage. imagine less than 2 on a bike.

Definitely onto somethin' there Garrett!! Those roads would be a lot nicer than the 'Superslab' (I-81)...Actually #11 ain't no picnic either. We got a choice in Boonville...the high road (#26) or the low road (#12) to Lowville. Hell, go low on the way up....high on the way back!!

I like it, would this mess anybody else up? Chris, Bill, Mikey, Timmy?

it'd be longer for bill/chris/mikey, but timmy would be right on the way! if he was taking 87 to 90.

for the extra 1/2 - 40 mins from syra to utica, it is a much better ride up. also less popo.

and i have a place we could rest, and i know the area.

it'd be longer for bill/chris/mikey, but timmy would be right on the way! if he was taking 87 to 90.

for the extra 1/2 - 40 mins from syra to utica, it is a much better ride up. also less popo.

and i have a place we could rest, and i know the area.

Agreed, #812 would be a really nice ride and the only good part of US #11 is from Guvmanure (that's the way it SHOULD be spelled) to Canton...which is the part we'd be running. :clapping:

Let's do it!! :punk:

beautilia. my folks would be fine with people meeting up here. very safe neighborhood for keeping a truck and trailer.

I am very interested in this event. Riding, eating, drinking, chatting, eating, and drinking...sounds like a fun-filled day to me. It all boils down to what date is finally chosen.

On a side note, could someone recommend a hotel in this area.

Blaine

I'm a definate maybe........26th works......but i'd need a hotel room or two for me........i'm looking at 320 miles/6.5 hrs one way........big miles for my Max that doesn't tour well...........I REALLY need a seat upgrade and some luggage ASAP!!......i'll be watching this ride as it develops.......

I'm a definate maybe........26th works......but i'd need a hotel room or two for me........i'm looking at 320 miles/6.5 hrs one way........big miles for my Max that doesn't tour well...........I REALLY need a seat upgrade and some luggage ASAP!!......i'll be watching this ride as it develops.......
Mike, Garrett will know of something in the Utica area, if that's where you wanted to stay ...looks like we're going to head north from there.

Would that work for you?

I would definately like to make this run, and i talked to Mikey last week about a ride in september and i'm pretty sure he is up for it as well.

The best weekend for me in september is the 19th, but i might be able to do the 26th too if that's what everyone else wants to shoot for. the 5th & the 12th are definately out for me.

If this ends up in october, then the only weekend that's good for me is the 10th.

I would definately like to make this run, and i talked to Mikey last week about a ride in september and i'm pretty sure he is up for it as well.

The best weekend for me in september is the 19th, but i might be able to do the 26th too if that's what everyone else wants to shoot for. the 5th & the 12th are definately out for me.

If this ends up in october, then the only weekend that's good for me is the 10th.

Great Bill!! I think we'd better stick to September....going that far north in October could get a little dicey.

Either the 19th or 26th are good with me. Wonder if we should go with the 19th and use the 26th as a rain/snow date(J/K about the snow)!

I'd like to cross at Kingston and take the ferry to Wolfe Island and then cross over to Cape Vincent. Looks very scenic.

Blaine

That's a beautiful area Blaine, then take Rt # 12 up to Ogdensburg. I'm not sure where Buster is crossing but it's prolly in that area somewhere. You could hook up with him.

As far as lodging, just google Alexander Bay, Chamber of Commerce, there's lots of places there.

HOLY COW!!!!!!!

I take a nap after my midnight shift and there is a PIZZA RUN!!!!!!!

I live in Massena and work in Canton......

I could set up lodging arrangements here for folks.....

Ogdensburg is about 30 miles away.....

Mid to late September is probably the best bet......

Leaves should be nice and it SHOULDN'T snow.......:rofl_200:

Only half kidding....

I am going to cross over at Lansdowne I am thinking. Might run down to Watertown and then run 11 all the way to Canton. Maybe arrange a meet up with you gents where 812 joins up with 11? Course my cruising speed might be a bit quick paced for anyone but Coprunner

Back