£69,999.99 but you can you actually ride it?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02GF74

Reaction score
This HD looks very well done but is it rideable? I am not seeing any lights, other than headlamp nor clutch although there is what may brake lever (unless it is clutch?) low down that I'll bet is s PITA to use and a complete no-go for an emergency.

IMPO a very expensive paperwieght.

Harley-Davidson Custom Show Bike | eBay

looks like it has built in front callipers and it has a suicide shift, mini roundabouts would be fun,
it's really just an engineering exercise

OK so the lever is gear shifter with a clutch lever.

I could just about see the front brake callipers but no hoses nor brake lever, very often on custom choppers there is only a rear brake.

It may well be an engineering exercise, so unless it can be demonstrated to work, as far as I can tell the only use for it is as eye candy being hung on a wall at the Hard Rock Cafe.

A bike for people who don't ride bikes.

No cornering clearance. Can you imagine the proud owner, just hosed for nearly $97,000 before all taxes, finding out that his first right turn scraped the s___ out of his tailpipe, and probably leveraged the rear wheel off its contact patch, causing him to crash?

A front end that is miserable to steer at slow speeds. Probably little in the way of suspension travel, front or rear.

And I cannot say anything good about the paint job.

Reading the description, I see it's a Jack Daniels promotion bike. I've seen a couple of Jack Daniels designs by Klock Customs, which are actually suitable for use, as they are minimally-modified from DOT approved status. Here's Brian Klock of So. Dakota at Daytona Bike Week with one of his Jack Daniels creations. This was a special promotion by Jack Daniels and Klock Customs to honor firefighter and EMS first responders. i usually don't care for the matte-color paint-jobs, but this one looks pretty-good. I think the way they used gloss-black on some parts, which offsets the dull matte-finish is what makes it more-appealing to me.

I think the Indian Scout is what Ra Warrior sold his VMax to purchase, new.

Indian Scout Klock Customs Jack Daniels.jpgIndian Scout Firefighter Jack Daniels.jpg

Last edited:
Not a fan of that wood paintjob. Why would one want a bike to look like its made of wood? Whiskey barrel or not.

Why not just paint the tank to look like a glass of whiskey then? or a bottle yet?

Never liked woody cars, but they wee made from actual wood, so they get a pass.

And the "not visible" tail light (if one exists).. All bikes will have lights, so, make a light that blends with the bike. don't throw one on the side with the sideways plate (which I hate), these things are part of a bike, so if you make a custom, make a custom light(s) and plate holder..

Carry on.

:cool:
T$

At the end of the day it's an impressive display of engineering topped off with about the ugliest paint job I've ever seen.

Mary Kay pink would be a step in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back