“New” ‘86 - Multiple Issues (carbs, Vboost, oil leaks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 71851 So much for unmolested one owner first generation Vmaxes. It ain’t like these things are rare or anything. And I don’t think I’ve ever had a motorcycle that I didn’t do “something” with. I had every intention of leaving this thing original, that intent lasted for about two weeks.

Finally got the exhaust on… The Dale Walker Holeshot full setup I picked up from Kyle. Had it ceramic coated. Sean’s mid cut seat and superbike bar. Happy with not having the heavy, too quiet stock exhaust system. Runs way better too. I raised the needles probably about .005 of an inch (a washer) and backed out a turn and a half on the idle mixture screws. The mains are still stock. Nearest I can tell, they will work fine. I don’t spend too much time above seven or 8000 RPM. But the Bike seems pretty happy with no apparent dead spots. In fact, I’d go so far as to say it runs like a scalded dog. But that’s just me.

Still plan to paint this thing, (but not before I get that code for Sean and the Nines bike.)
Hi deser_max...it looks really nice,good job!..I have the same year´s max...I would like to paint the air cober..do you know the "code of the color",I think the color is "Sparkle Maroon",isn´t it?
I was investigating in the forun and I do not have it clear.
Best regards.

I’ve always heard and seen it referred to as simply “maroon”. But it definitely has a sparkle to it.

Hi deser_max...it looks really nice,good job!..I have the same year´s max...I would like to paint the air cober..do you know the "code of the color",I think the color is "Sparkle Maroon",isn´t it?
I was investigating in the forun and I do not have it clear.
Best regards.
That name is correct. 00MX is the code.

VMax VIN chart-country-colors.02.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.03.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.04.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.05.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.06.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.07.pngVMax VIN chart-country-colors.png

Thanks FM. I had seen these code tables, but couldn't find them. All I found was a list by Sean that just said Maroon. Couldn't remember the factory name.

I'd say good luck getting someone to mix it from a code. Color matching is probably the only practical way - and then hope the guy gets the "sparkle" density close.

Last edited:
Thanks FM. I had seen these code tables, but couldn't find them. All I found was a list by Sean that just said Maroon. Could remember the factory name.

I'd say good luck getting someone to mix it from a code. Color matching is probably the only practical way - and then hope the guy gets the "sparkle" density close.
Sparkle Plenty!

Dick Tracy 037 (Harvey-Feb1951) Sparkle Plenty.jpg

I like the Mazda late-model Soul Red Crystal Metallic

Last edited:
Back