00 V-Max dyno run

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Easy Rider

Reaction score
I finally got my Max dynoed :punk:

Mods (engine):

Doma Racing cans
K&N air filter
Dyno jetting

Results:
117,5bhp @ 8707
81,05Ft/lb @ 6306

It runs a bit rich (14 - 14,5:1) so I might drop MJ a size or two or increase air flow somehow. This should bring bhp up to 120 :punk:

ER

14:1-14.5:1 is actually a little lean for wide open throttle full load.

14.7:1 is perfect stoichmetric ratio for light throttle but most engines make best power at wide open throttle full load at around 12.5:1 to 13:1

14:1-14.5:1 is actually a little lean for wide open throttle full load.

14.7:1 is perfect stoichmetric ratio for light throttle but most engines make best power at wide open throttle full load at around 12.5:1 to 13:1

I don't know about that, my bike made 133hp at 14.2:1

Guy who runs the dyno suggested to drop the main jet down to get to 13-13,5 at which I should get ca. 120bhp at rear wheel (that's what he recons).

I'm not sure how much he knows about V-Max (he used to have one few years back) but he runs dyno for over 20 years now (his was a first one to have bike dyno in Ireland) and is known as one of the best mechanics around (he prepares a lot of bikes for racing in Ireland and UK). Here's his web page:

www.dlmracing.com

I'm tempted to try it anyway. It shouldn't be much work to change MJ and run it on the dyno again :punk:

unless the dyno's read backward over there you are definetly lean and not rich. I'd need a picture of your dyno sheet to help decide the best route for your adjustments. There are three ranges that overlap and each range you are off require different adjustments.

The goal is 12.7-13:1 ratio for best overall power. This includes torque which is what moves the bike. Leaner does tend to make more hp at the cost of torque.

Either way you have respectable numbers. The lean figures you are showing can actually improve fuel burn and help pass an emissions inspection and give better fuel economy.

Try and get a picture of the dyno curve with A/F ratio on it at the same time.

Sean Morley

unless the dyno's read backward over there you are definetly lean and not rich. I'd need a picture of your dyno sheet to help decide the best route for your adjustments. There are three ranges that overlap and each range you are off require different adjustments.

The goal is 12.7-13:1 ratio for best overall power. This includes torque which is what moves the bike. Leaner does tend to make more hp at the cost of torque.

Either way you have respectable numbers. The lean figures you are showing can actually improve fuel burn and help pass an emissions inspection and give better fuel economy.

Try and get a picture of the dyno curve with A/F ratio on it at the same time.

Sean Morley

Thanks for your comments Sean :thumbs up:

Here's my dyno curve.

I'm not sure if it's any good as I don't have A/F ratio shown on it.

Please let me know what you think :thumbs up:

Attachments

• dyno_a30af.jpg
    dyno_a30af.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 65
Really needs to have A/F ratios shown to match Rpm's so we can see where you are rich or lean at. It's possible to be at both ends of the spectrum with these carbs.

Other then that its a pretty decent curve. Torque should be flatter then it is so somethings a bit off.

Sean

Really needs to have A/F ratios shown to match Rpm's so we can see where you are rich or lean at. It's possible to be at both ends of the spectrum with these carbs.

Other then that its a pretty decent curve. Torque should be flatter then it is so somethings a bit off.

Sean

I'll ask for another print out with A/F ratios if he still has it on his computer :thumbs up: He's back in the workshop on Tuesday so it'll take me some time to get it :bang head:

Thanks

Latest posts

Back