02 Mad Max - Dyno numbers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankee in texas

Reaction score
Finally finished my " Mad Max" project. Factory exhaust modified with 3/4"holes smoothed out with Unibit to nearly 13/16" Stock box with K/N.
Before tune 105hp/79.39tq. after 115.10hp/79.47tq. The A/F screws 2.5 turns. Stage 1 needles,springs, shims, Air Jet DJ 150 and the main 147.5.
Sync - carbs & vboost. Bike runs very strong and sounds good. Thanks to Sean for his unbiased advise and Robert @ Velocity Cycle Works (San Antonio) for the tune. Great job guys!!!!!:punk:

Yankee in Texas

Attachments

• dyno AF.jpg
    dyno AF.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 145
Looks very good. Just a bit rich at around 4K and you can see the torque dip more than usual there. It's normal to run a bit rich since bike isn't moving on the dyno. I would leave it alone but you could try dropping needles a 1/4 - 1/2 clip.

Tune made a HUGE difference. Not knowing how the bike should feel when properly tuned slowed me down a bit but I got it figured out with the help of the vmaxforum members. If I moved the needles that might improve the 4k dip but would it have an adverse effect on other portion of the rpm curve? The bike runs very strong for a stock bike.

Looks pretty good to me and if you're happy with the way it runs leave it.

Sean

It runs great - Past expierence has taught me you can chase that last 5hp all day. Time to ride !!!!!!!

Thanks again
Yankee

haha i spent a year chasing the last 5 hp. leave it if ur happy and ur mpg is good!

looks sweet nice A/F what jets and set up did you start with ? how bad was the A/F when you started.

Back