• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Motorycle For Sale 05 20th anniversary bike for sale Williamsburg Ohio

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chillin Dylan

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m selling a 2005 20th anniversary edition max in Williamsburg Ohio. 39k miles. All three pieces of the seat are brand new. All stock even the pipes and airbox. 5100 or best offer. Runs and rides great. Come get it 84F0AE1A-2554-4D0E-AD83-5AF511C82055.jpeg0C2ED702-F1CF-4275-82E7-829C8ABB539A.jpeg
B52CE8D5-A5EB-4495-A959-2B630AA11DE7.jpeg

D6CDA8F2-3E5E-402F-8155-729D63BC0506.jpeg
CF6D8E24-6397-412C-BF5B-245B637101F1.jpeg

Show us the anniversary gas tank badge, please.

The bike would show-better if you detailed it. Try some S100 cleaner, that stuff works great. After the detailing, you can do mine, as mine's worse!1659999991102.png
These fellows don't care much for polishing, they're about the ride. A still from filming Mad Max.

Last edited:
Show us the anniversary gas tank badge, please.

The bike would show-better if you detailed it. Try some S100 cleaner, that stuff works great. After the detailing, you can do mine, as mine's worse!
I did clean it. Twice actually. Notice how the driveway is wet beneath it? It had a bunch of road grime and gunk underneath it. I carefully washed it and let it dry. I didn’t give it a show quality detail but it is clean. Here’s a screenshot from a short video I took of starting and running it where you can plainly see it. I tried posting the video but it says it’s too big even though it’s only 45 seconds 5BD863B4-CE8D-4157-9434-D74D11197057.jpeg

Oh yeah, that does look better. Does the anniversary badge have a number on it, or has the thin metal numbered piece gone missing? I can't see a number in the pic.

Oh yeah, that does look better. Does the anniversary badge have a number on it, or has the thin metal numbered piece gone missing? I can't see a number in the pic.
What you’re seeing is what there is. I don’t have any little pieces for it. I have the original rear seat, and the title that’s it

Great price for a sweet bike! Be firm on the price, it's totally worth it to the right rider.
Top of the market price is for a low-miles, unmolested bike, missing nothing, and cosmetically perfect. I can understand why someone who also owns an '05 would hope that prices go-high for a 20th anniversary model. The reality is the market adjusts itself according to demand. Complete, 'needs-nothing' low-mileage bikes in good operating condition typically should see decent valuation at time of sale.

I'll take a chance on a non-runner that has a title, is complete, and hasn't been wrecked. The price has to reflect those problems, and I usually won't go above $600 for something like that, and I've gotten them much-cheaper.

The number on the tank emblem (missing).

VMax 2005 Anniversary in Atlanta GA.02.jpg

The number present.

VMax 20th anniversary tank emblem.jpg

Years ago, there was a class-action lawsuit about Pontiac Trans-Ams being sold with 403 cu. in. Oldsmobile engines instead of 400 Pontiac engines. The 403 Olds cars were worth less on re-sale, especially to a Pontiac enthusiast. I'm sure that Sean Morley remembers that. Someone looking for a deal on a re-sale who wasn't as-hung-up on having a 'numbers-matching' car with a Pontiac powertrain would actually seek-out the Olds-powered Trans-AMs, because they could bought for less $.

Burning question, how much value is added with the anniversary badge and VIN with all else being equal?
The obvious answer: whatever the willing buyer is going to pay the seller. That's so-subjective, it's like asking someone, "is she pretty?" or to look from the other side, "is he handsome?"

I'm going to posit this. An unmolested paintjob on a 2005 anniversary edition without either the complete medallion and number is worth the same amount as a re-painted 2005 but still bearing the 20th anniversary medallion and its number plate. Do I have any proof of this? No. I suppose someone who wanted to spend some time on ebay or other sales results websites could come up with something. AFAIK, you cannot order a 2005 replacement faux gas tank cover with or without the anniversary plate.

VMax 2005 gas tank cover DRMK color.png

DRMK is the color code. And no, the anniversary emblem is not available either.

A savvy buyer could buy the 2005 bike without the medallion, and then search for one, or get a jeweller to make one using investment casting, or perhaps a 3-D printer, though I'm not familiar how-fine a 3-D printer is capable of getting the sharpness of characters. Would it be original? No. As long as it wasn't being used to defraud a buyer, I don't see anything the matter with it. Classic cars frequently have considerable parts of them being fabricated to produce a running automobile.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you’re hating on this man. It’s a nice bike. Is it perfect? No. But it is good. There are lots of vmaxes around me with similar age mileage and condition listed for 5-6k+. I even put that I’m open to offers. Right off the rip you said it was dirty. I’m really not sure why, but whatever. And then you’re nitpicking it over the number plate thing when it sounds like you’re not even interested in it anyway.

Being a late model, an anniversary edition, clean title, and completely stock and unmolested adds value. The seats all being new is a big plus too. That’s a lot of money that most people aren’t willing to spend on seats themselves but are happy to buy a bike that’s already had that done.

To me the mileage is kind of irrelevant because the bike runs and rides like a brand new one, and it’s not even that high.My 94 had almost 60k on it when I sold it and still ran amazing even though I had beat on it for the 10k I put on it.

This 05 has not been beat on to my knowledge. The last 4 years it was owned by a 60+ year old pastor who literally rode it to church and back. Before that it was owned by a friend of his within the same town as him who only rode it on the weekends. I’ve put a couple hundred miles on it myself and it’s great.

I bought it to flip it so I haven’t beat it or even rode it that much. Just a handful of times. I’ve opened it up a couple times and it pulls hard just like a vmax should. I feel very confident that somebody could buy this and enjoy it for years to come with no significant issues or work other than regular maintenance and replacement of wear items like tires.

Somebody just posted an 05 anniversary bike on a Facebook vmax page for almost 3 grand and it has over 100k miles and it’s not running. So my price isn’t that bad at all.

Last edited:
I don’t understand why you’re hating on this man.

Some people know it all and have to share their vast knowledge/opinion when not asked. An honor for the rest of us.

Just ignore.

Good luck with the sale, I hope you get your price. No one's 'hatin' on this man.'

Prices differ around the country. Some bikes are more in-demand in one location than another.

If I see the clearcoat lifting on parts from pics posted, and pits evident on the close-ups of the handlebar riser and fork caps, oxidized paint on the tach and idiot lights module, and the missing number plate off the 20th anniversary emblem, those are things that for me show the flipper isn't putting much effort into cosmetics. What that says to me about any possible mechanical issues at 39K miles, is I better take a close-look to see what needs repair/replacement if I am looking at it for a purchase.

In my experience, many Japanese bikes are used-up by the time they accrue this mileage, needing more work and $ invested to fix problems and neglected maintenance, than the bike is worth. I'm not saying this is the case with this seller's bike. I don't 'know it all' about this or any-other bike, outside of my ownership. After nearly 30 years of VMax ownership, and having been inside the cases and top ends of them, there is an accumulation of knowledge. No, I'm not a professional mechanic like Sean or Kyle, and I've never said that I am. I do have 50 years of motorcycle ownership across all the Japanese brands, and also vintage English and German bikes. That much time and effort spent keeping things going, fixing other owners' botched repairs, wrecked bikes, and 'deferred maintenance,' helps you to spot things you've seen before.

Anyone who believes I've ever been anything other-than completely honest in what I post, you have my apology.

I don’t understand why you’re hating on this man. It’s a nice bike...
No hate, on the contrary it's a nice ad with great pics, and a handsome machine just looking for the right buyer, I can sure appreciate that. I hope the OP does not interpret any negative connotations in my question. I can assure none were intended.
Anyone who believes I've ever been anything other-than completely honest in what I post, you have my apology...
I place a high degree of value on rationale included with a response. I hope you feel no compulsion to apologize for consistently and selflessly sharing what you know with anyone who needs it. It sure helped me, and still does. Thank you for doing what you do.

Top of the market price is for a low-miles, unmolested bike, missing nothing, and cosmetically perfect. I can understand why someone who also owns an '05 would hope that prices go-high for a 20th anniversary model. The reality is the market adjusts itself according to demand. Complete, 'needs-nothing' low-mileage bikes in good operating condition typically should see decent valuation at time of sale.

I'll take a chance on a non-runner that has a title, is complete, and hasn't been wrecked. The price has to reflect those problems, and I usually won't go above $600 for something like that, and I've gotten them much-cheaper.

The number on the tank emblem (missing).

View attachment 85279

The number present.

View attachment 85280

Years ago, there was a class-action lawsuit about Pontiac Trans-Ams being sold with 403 cu. in. Oldsmobile engines instead of 400 Pontiac engines. The 403 Olds cars were worth less on re-sale, especially to a Pontiac enthusiast. I'm sure that Sean Morley remembers that. Someone looking for a deal on a re-sale who wasn't as-hung-up on having a 'numbers-matching' car with a Pontiac powertrain would actually seek-out the Olds-powered Trans-AMs, because they could bought for less $.
No offense but, sometimes you come off as a pompous ass that pretends he knows everything.

Happy to share what I know, happy to acknowledge what I don't know. No need to pretend that. When I've made a mistake, I admit it. I give credit to those who correct me when it happens. I frequently mention that I am not a professional mechanic. When making suggestions, I include links to sources, prior posts/threads on the subject, and any background info that in my opinion may be helpful to understanding what is discussed. Many times I acknowledge others' ways of tackling something while a discussion is ongoing. That could be an alternative to a method which may work for me. I give credit where credit is due. For me humility is more-important as a personal characteristic than any claim to omniscience.

Latest posts

Back