07 Suspension Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zmaxx

Reaction score
The PO of my recently purchased 07 did a few mods and I am trying to decide how to proceed from here. He installed radial tires - Front 110/80-18 and Rear 180/55-17 both Avons and changed the rear shocks to Progressive 418 11.5" but did nothing to the front forks. When I test drove it it seemed to be too low in the rear for me so I am debating what to do with the suspension at this point. Either lowering the front (would like to install progressive springs at some point) to compensate for the already lowered rear or reinstall rear stock shocks (eventually switching to progressives but maybe at stock length) to see how that works for me. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

The PO of my recently purchased 07 did a few mods and I am trying to decide how to proceed from here. He installed radial tires - Front 110/80-18 and Rear 180/55-17 both Avons and changed the rear shocks to Progressive 418 11.5" but did nothing to the front forks. When I test drove it it seemed to be too low in the rear for me so I am debating what to do with the suspension at this point. Either lowering the front (would like to install progressive springs at some point) to compensate for the already lowered rear or reinstall rear stock shocks (eventually switching to progressives but maybe at stock length) to see how that works for me. Any ideas or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Slide the forks up in triple tree to lower the front down and see how u like it.. if it feels good buy the lowering kit

Thanks guys. Will try sliding it up in the triples but not sure if I will be able to get enough if I can only slide it up 1" with the rear lowered 1.5".

If you go to far your fender will get your Radiator, and not in a nice way.

You can always slide up 1.5 just to sit on it and feel it... just dont ride it if you slide them up more that 1"

With a 17" in the rear + the shorter shocks it will defo be rather low, there won't be much ground clearance. I would go back to stock length shocks - OEMs until you can get better.

And for the front, until you get yourself Progressive springs, you could try changing the oil to 15W as it helps a bit, or buy a pair of Ricor Intiminators and drop them under the springs - I had some and felt they worked wonders!

+1 on the ground clearance....it's gonna be low!

When you drop it down in the triples BE SURE to brace it, you will not be able to hold it once the triple clamps are loose....it will slam down on the fender. A bottle jack under the motor is a good way to gently lower it down.

I lowered mine 1" in the front with progressives, handling improved but I couldn't feel the difference as far as it being lower.

Latest posts

Back