07 thermostat

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clyde Porter IV

Reaction score
Any good or logical ways to reach the back bolt of the therma housing? I was in a hurry when I noticed just a couple drops of Antifreeze under the therma housing on the floor. Seems to be weeping or seeping from the bottom up front. It seems to do it though on initial start up. But I just noticed day or two ago.

Thanks Folks

Could be pipe where the drain valve enters too. There's an o-ring there and fits into bottom of thermostat.

You'll have to take all that apart anyway to get the thermostat out so I'd replace all the drain valve o-ring, o-rings on both sides of the coolant elbow between the water pump and thermostat, in addition to the o-ring between the thermostat cover and housing.

It’s wild because like a month ago I’m out in the Garage we are Ah Jokin and Ah Smokin and I happen to look over and I be damned Drip Drip, I hadn’t rode in a day or two. When that happened.

You'll have to take all that apart anyway to get the thermostat out so I'd replace all the drain valve o-ring, o-rings on both sides of the coolant elbow between the water pump and thermostat, in addition to the o-ring between the thermostat cover and housing.
I had to do all that a couple of years ago, its just age, temp, and probably previous owners not changing the coolant every few years.

Latest posts

Back