09 dyno pull

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homsh

Reaction score
Brocks exhaust shorty meg2 (pretty damn loud), monster big air, gurued ecm, finish tune on pc.

Attachments

• IMG_0172.jpg
    IMG_0172.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 231
Very nice!

Those are STD numbers I'm assuming?

What do the AFR numbers look like in the upper rpm? I can't make it out in the image.
Thanks
Mark

That's the best image I have right now, I had dropped it off at my friend's shop for a little fine tuning and wasn't there during the pull. I'll have all the numbers tomorrow.

Very nice!

Those are STD numbers I'm assuming?

What do the AFR numbers look like in the upper rpm? I can't make it out in the image.
Thanks
Mark
Those are great numbers!
Now can someone enlighten me as to SAE vs. STD? No haters please, lol! I am assuming that STD numbers are corrected a little bit differently than SAE as to correct for weather conditions like temp, humidity, and even altitude. Am I on the right track? I realize that the results are very similar but is there a recognized standard? You guys have probably explained this before on this forum so forgive me for being a repeat.

Correction factors:

SAE -- The SAE standard applied is a modified version of the SAE J1349 standard of June 1990. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.23 InHg (99 kPa) of dry air and 77 F (25°C). This SAE standard requires a correction for friction torque. Friction torque can be determined by measurements on special motoring dynamometers (which is only practical in research environments) or can be estimated. When estimates must be used, the SAE standard uses a default Mechanical Efficiency (ME) value of 85%. This is approximately correct at peak torque but not at other engine operating speeds. Some dynamometer systems use the SAE correction factor for atmospheric conditions but do not take mechanical efficiency into consideration at all (i.e. they assume a ME of 100%).

STP -- The STP (also called STD) standard is another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers. Friction torque is handled in the same way as in the SAE standard.

ECE -- The ECE standard is based on the European Directives. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 99 kPa (29.23 InHg) of dry air and 25°C (77 F). Friction torque is not taken into consideration at all. In 1995, a new Directive (95/1/EEC) regarding test methods for motorcycles was published.

DIN -- The DIN standard is determined by the German automotive industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 101.3 kPa (29.33 InHg) of dry air and 20°C (68 F). With the advent of European legislation and standards, national standards such as the DIN (formerly widely used) are now less significant.

Those are great numbers!
Now can someone enlighten me as to SAE vs. STD? No haters please, lol! I am assuming that STD numbers are corrected a little bit differently than SAE as to correct for weather conditions like temp, humidity, and even altitude. Am I on the right track? I realize that the results are very similar but is there a recognized standard? You guys have probably explained this before on this forum so forgive me for being a repeat.

SAE are corrected numbers that are generally accepted as the standard in the industry.

STD is also corrected but with a different formula that will return numbers higher than SAE.

A lot of shops will use the STD standard because the numbers look better.

That makes the OP's numbers that much more impressive.

Back