'09 Recall

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Italian Stallion

Reaction score
I just received the October issue of Motorcycle Consumer News and read of a recall on the '09 Vmax. 700 Units were affected and Yamaha is recalling certain models of '09 VMX17 motorcycles manufactured between June of '08 and March of '09.

There could be excessive electrical resistance in the ground wire from the Accelerator Position Sensor (APS) and the Throttle Posistion Sensor (TPS) due to an insufficient crimped connection.

Excessive resistance can cause incorrect signals to be sent to the ECU which could lead to unstable idle speed. Improper idle speed can result in a crash.

The safety recall began on July 28, 2010. Owners may contact Yamaha at 800-962-7926

Fortunately, for me, the VIN of my '09 does not show it to be involved in the recall.

There was another thread that rumored this. You've got the numbers and more info....

Now there is a more serious recall on all Gen 2s for failing oil pumps!

Attachments

• gen2 oil pump recall.JPG
    gen2 oil pump recall.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 35
Just got back from the dealer here in Brandon Florida. They did my recall on my 2010 Gen II
Only tock about one hour.
Said nothing was wrong with the old pump on my bike. The dealer did confirm that the issue was from a European Vmax that runs long distances at very high speeds on the autobon. No one in the US has reported any issues as of yet.

Happy to hear you had the pump done Brett... Makes you just a bit safer IMHO....
Especially with your quest for more and more power...

Back