1/2 baffle mod!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigIke

Reaction score
Todd told me not to... but i couldn't help it. There is a post on here with 4 sound clips. The first is a stock mod followed by supertrap clips. The stock mod sounded the best to me. So i did it. When 3/8 and liked it as long as the cover stayed off. So i drilled it to 1/2 and it's even better!

I'm not putting the cap on. I'll clean up the muffler and paint the inside and paint it gloss black.

Really has a small block'ish sound now! At idle it is beast, and on the road you can hear it a ton more, but i won't need ear plugs.

Sorry Todd i jacked up your perty NOS exhaust.

Jay

I'm keeping it. The pipes Todd put on here are perfect... I'm going to open the rivet holes a little, maybe 1/4". Then paint it black.

Well i drilled the rivet holes out to 3/8", took it for a spin last night and I couldn't be more pleased.

I have a bad exhaust leak where the pipes slip on. Need to pull the left pipe and see what I can do to fix that. Can't stand exhaust leaks, especially on a bike this fine!

Haha, I just did the same thing yesterday! It's pretty loud now! Fixed my exhaust leaks too. Loosened the clamps, then knocked the pipe joints with a mallet, and they seated better. Tightened the clamps back up, and the leaks were gone.

Thanks man i will give that a try tomorrow... Race car parts came in so i might gave to switch gears :)

Back