1/8th mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bawls

Reaction score
What are some good bone stock times to expect int he 8th mile? Also, how many people are running down in the 6's and what do you have done.

I'd have to go back and look but I want to say my 1/4 mile times that were 11.50 range were showing 8.2-8.3 in the 1/8.

Rusty

Low 7's is good for a stock or nearly stock Vmax (header, jet kits, ect...). I've managed a high 6 once myself but most are 7 flat.

Sean

biggest goal is to get 60' times as low as possible. Get into the mid 1.60's and you'll be right on the door to a 10 sec pass.

Sean

if it runs in the 8's i'm going to be all kinds of pissed off lol. My grandpa's stratoliner with cobra pipes ran a 7.89 in the 8th. My dad's bone stock 9 runds 7.6's at 94mph. He was spinning pretty bad though. He's been drag racing since he was 15 and was only able to cut a mid 1.7 60ft.

just got back from running a bone stock 05. Wasn't getting the 60' time I usually do bu the tires were shot so not able to get good traction. Anyway, went 11.40 @117mph and 60' was 1.7x's - 19's was 7.2x's

Sean Morley

my dad said that he was standing there and two guys were watching you about to get on your drag bike and one said "what the F is that thing? It looks like a bunch of bikes pieced together" the other guy said "who cares what it looks like, it's a vmax". The first guy then replied with "it looks like a frankenstien bike to me" and the second guy replied with "It's not going to matter what it looks like when he starts it. There's nothing that sounds like a vmax". :worthy::clapping: My dad'sr internet shit the bed, so he's mailing me a cd with all of the pics. that he took. He said that he got a good one of you doing a burnout on the 05. I'll get the pics up as soon as he gets them out to me.

Yea, it was that bike. Did a few test and tune passes and still didn't run for shit. Sounds awesome at idle but falls on it's face when you open it up. Going to take the system off over the winter and get it sent in to Hillborne. They will flowbench set it up and then I should be good to go.

Sean

Yea, it was that bike. Did a few test and tune passes and still didn't run for shit. Sounds awesome at idle but falls on it's face when you open it up. Going to take the system off over the winter and get it sent in to Hillborne. They will flowbench set it up and then I should be good to go.

Sean

I'd like to see that thing run once you work the bugs out.

I did actually win the pit bike competition. I ran high 12's and 50mph in the 1/8th with my Yamaha Wolverine 4x4. I was cutting killer lights with it. ON a pro tree I was always .0xx on my reaction time.

Sean

maybe one day i can come up there and race and we'll use my banshee as a pit bike ;) it runs 8.8's at 78mph with gears that are way too low and no port work.

PictureorVideo043.jpg

here's a pic. of sean's bikes... i'll have to see if my dad has anymore that he took. His internet is the slowest thing i've ever seen so i usually get 1 pic. at a time lol.

morley.jpg

Latest posts

Back