#1 Cyl. Rattle/knock

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like I may be having to tear into the motor sooner than I wanted. On my way home a couple of days ago, and noticed a loss of power. I thought it was probably carb related, so I rolled on the throttle in fifth just to see if it got better or worse. At about 3/4 throttle I could hear a very distinct, loud knock, so I pulled over. Idling, it sounded fine no miss or sputter, and no knock. Revved the motor a few times and everything seemed ok. Took of again and accelerated normally and the knock returned. Made it home and got the stethoscope out. Narrowed the noise down to the #1 cyl. The knock seems to be coming from the head our the Cam cover area. Going to have to wait a couple of weeks to work on it again. Heading out of town sunday for work, so I guess I just get to stress about it until then. Any ideas out suggestions of common problems would be appreciated.

Probably a spun bearing. The noise travels all over in the engine a lot more then you would think. Drain the oil and look over the fluid for sparkles!

Sean

Probably a spun bearing. The noise travels all over in the engine a lot more then you would think. Drain the oil and look over the fluid for sparkles!

Sean

I am scared myself! mine has been knocking louder all the time. I guess I should try the new fuel trick first :confused2:

G

Latest posts

Back