1" Or 2" lowering spring kit

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timscues

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just checking, I want to drop the bike 2", How often do you guys scrape the pipes or belly pans, putting in the race teck springs 1.0kg 250 lb rider, ufo exhaust, trying to see if I need 11.5" or 12" shocks? thanks for the input

i'd stick with a 1" drop and 12" shocks. u ride 2 up a lot?

I have a 2" drop infront and no drop on the rear shocks. 270 lbs and rarely ride 2 up. I have no clearance proplems with my Marks 4 into 2 exhaust.
Progressive springs in the forks and Progressive HD 440 shocks in the rear.

I sell a lot of lowering kits and the progressive shocks (also have works now too). We suggest 1" most of the time for the front and many people like the 1.5" lowering on the rear. However, with your curvy location I would suggest 12.5" (.5" lower) on the rear and 1-2" on the front (1" probably is your best choice).

Sean

I'm -1 front and 12 inch progressive rear.....will rub the full Kerker every now and then on speed bumps.
-2 with 11.5 handles awesome, but will rub the kickstand almost every sharp left hander ...making u turns etc...will rub the exhaust on the right side......FYI...I ride it like a sport bike.
-1...11.5 wasn't bad...best touring riding position.

I have a 2" drop infront and no drop on the rear shocks. 270 lbs and rarely ride 2 up. I have no clearance proplems with my Marks 4 into 2 exhaust.
Progressive springs in the forks and Progressive HD 440 shocks in the rear.
Question. When lowered in front and not the back how is the handling of the bike when cornering and at high speeds.

thanks steiny

Question. When lowered in front and not the back how is the handling of the bike when cornering and at high speeds.

thanks steiny

When lowering the front more than the rear, tip in, or the speed in which the bike wants to fall to one side or the other increases.

I like the 2 in front and .5 in rear. I had 1.5 in rear and the tip in was CRAP with my 180 and 120 radial tires.

I found it to handle well enough on corners, but it's a heavy bike so turn in is ok. On high speed corners with bumps it's pretty wiggly, a tad better since I added solid motor mounts but the rear end still wiggles.
I would need radials and a braced frame/ swingarm to get the most out of it. It is never going to handle like a sport bike; too heavy and too long of a wheelbase to ever do that.

I found it to handle well enough on corners, but it's a heavy bike so turn in is ok. On high speed corners with bumps it's pretty wiggly, a tad better since I added solid motor mounts but the rear end still wiggles.
I would need radials and a braced frame/ swingarm to get the most out of it. It is never going to handle like a sport bike; too heavy and too long of a wheelbase to ever do that.

That's where I am... I never really wanted it to be a sport bike. I have one of those and wanted a cruiser. I just wanted to make it safer...

Hey thanks guy's . NOw if one was to drop it 1 inch front and back would the handling be the same as if it were at he stock height. And being 280lbs and I have a rider 50% of the time would there be clearance problems.

steiny

I weigh in at about 200 lbs. I have a full Marks exhaust system. I dropped the front 2" with the progressive spring kit, I dropped the back down 1 1/2" with progressive 11.5 shocks. I ride solo most of the time but with my wife on the back there seems to be no problems with ground clearance. I have had this set up for two full seasons and not touched bottom yet. Now I am not real pushy on the twisties but I am still what some people might consider a bit aggressive. The side stand may touch down if you were really aggressive in the corners on a left corner. Otterville is only about 1/2 hour away, you should hook up with us for a ride sometime.

That's where I am... I never really wanted it to be a sport bike. I have one of those and wanted a cruiser. I just wanted to make it safer...
I am beginning to FJR think that a second bike FJR would be a good FJR idea. I would like a bike FJR that would be capable enough FJR in the corners but also eat up FJR many miles in comfort and FJR style.
I wonder if there is such a bike?:biglaugh:
HELLOOO MR. BILL!:th_signs54:

Mine would have C14 where yours has FJR.

Sent from my iPad using special algorithms and data nodes.

Back