10 mm ammo?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
I have a chance to pick a gen 4 Glock 20 for a really good price, but I'm a little reluctant because I'm worried about ammo availability. It's a 10mm, not the most common round. Gun will come with 2 boxes, but everywhere I've looked it's not available. Once the 2 boxes are gone, then what? Anybody know of a place that might actually have some?

Online will be your best bet but be prepared to pay for it. If you buy a 10mm you should seriously consider getting into reloading depending on how much you'll shoot it. If you shoot a fair amount the equipment will pay for itself and you'll save money but if it's mainly gonna stay in the safe then it probably wouldn't justify the expense.

Ammo availability is about the only reason why I would probably choose a .357 or .45 over the 10mm. If you do get this, and you happen upon some Winchester silvertip ammo, snatch up ALL you can!

Haven't shot a pistol for a while, had a revolver before, never a semi-auto. IF I get it, I'll probably go through a few boxes at a range, then it'll be kept for self-defense. Been toying with the idea of CCW also. Stuff from the big cities nearby (SF and Sac) have been slowly creeping into the NorCal foothills. I think it prudent to have some defensive capability. Hand-to-hand just won't cut it these days, even though I used to be pretty decent at it.

Your not gonna find it at walmart, but you can find it online and have it shipped to your door easily.

10mm is a great round. I have a Colt Delta Elite Stainless 10mm I'd never part with. After the first year or so after it was purchased I quit shooting it and it's just a safe queen now.

Just an opinion but 10mn is a big gun, big round, lots of flash and bang and not real great for defensive carry, maybe a good truck or house gun for sure though. Follow up shots won't be as easy with it either.

Your not gonna find it at walmart, but you can find it online and have it shipped to your door easily.

10mm is a great round. I have a Colt Delta Elite Stainless 10mm I'd never part with. After the first year or so after it was purchased I quit shooting it and it's just a safe queen now.
I had the Delta Gold Cup when I lived in Florida. Real sweet shooting gun. Sadly, I ended up selling it to help with my move back to Maine.

Just an opinion but 10mn is a big gun, big round, lots of flash and bang and not real great for defensive carry, maybe a good truck or house gun for sure though. Follow up shots won't be as easy with it either.
The same can be said about the .357 Magnum. Also, when the bullet puts a hole in the bad guy big enough to watch a movie through, you MIGHT not need that follow up shot lol
twilightsheepish.png

It may be hard with steel guns like Delta Elite, but in the dampening effect of the plastic Glock this not to difficult for double taps..
My 6" Python is harder with full loads..

Here are my ammo tracking secrets.

gunbot.net
wikiarms.com
ammmoseek.com

my personal favorite (found on thesearch engines) is laxammo.com They make GREAT reloads and that's almost all I shoot in my 40 cal.

The 10mm glock is my go to gun. If any of you guys want to see how fast a glock 10mm can do a follow up shot i would be happy to show you. With the right ammo the 10mm is right with the .357. With a big game load it will it will put a bear down. You can set it up with a 20 shot mag +1 thats 21 rounds that can be placed just right. If you want a gun that is not to big than go with a rugar .380 and you wont even know its in your pocket. The 10mm with 21 rounds is no different on your hip than a mid to full size because a mid size is not that comfy. I will take a full size over a mid any day. but for everyday all day the lcp .380 with laser is the way to go. IMO.

You can get 10mm at cabela's and gander.

If you are thinking about this for concealed carry...Don't. This round will almost always penetrate your intended target, exit the other side, and hit some innocent person even with hollow points. The civil liability will be massive. I used to be friends with the Assistant Dallas County Coroner. She did all the gunshot wounds and did a couple of these even though they were rare back then. I'd have to wonder if the damage from a 45 acp was greater than that from a 10mm because it penetrates so fast and is out before expending all of it's energy.

If you just want to shoot a 10mm or if you want a deep woodlands sidearm, this is the ticket. You can sure finish your trusty horse with one shot if he breaks his leg.

This is disgusting.

I had the Delta Gold Cup when I lived in Florida. Real sweet shooting gun. Sadly, I ended up selling it to help with my move back to Maine.

The same can be said about the .357 Magnum. Also, when the bullet puts a hole in the bad guy big enough to watch a movie through, you MIGHT not need that follow up shot lol
twilightsheepish.png

True enough, and a 357 5 shot ruger is my most common carry gun. But I figure the flash is going to be obscured because the muzzle is pressed against their chest!

True enough, and a 357 5 shot ruger is my most common carry gun. But I figure the flash is going to be obscured because the muzzle is pressed against their chest!

My carry is a stainless Ruger SP101 2.25" barrel .357 also. Love it. My bedside is a stainless Ruger P90 .45 with an extended clip. Have several others. One is a Walther P-38 I purchased new in 1970. Still have original box, manual, 2 clips and cleaning kit that came with it. Rarely fired. Still looks new.

Rusty is right, it's not the best choice for concealed carry. The reasons for follow up shots are simple, we all miss sometimes. I carry a Glock 23 as my edc but if I'm wanting to dress down then I run my Kahr CM9 for pocket carry.

I'm with srk468 - Glock 23 in the winter, keltec in the summer. Ammo is not cheap these days, including a rarer 10mm. .40 or .45 is always available. If you have to, I'd recommend gunbroker.com. it's the eBay of guns and ammo. And they now have an App too. Love it. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back