• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

10 new Gen 2 1700 Crate motors with ECU

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

apru

Reaction score
I have acquired 10 Brand New Crate Yamaha VMAX 1700 engines. They were going to be used in a miniature motorsports race car and they don't work for the application. They are brand new in the crate with the ECU acquired new in 2017. Looking for offers before I put them on Ebay.

Well....first thing I guess that I and every other member is wondering....cost each and is there a rebate for a lot?
I would like to take offers on them individually and by the lot. I have valued them at $7500-$8500 ea. based on the crankcase cost that I got from the Yamaha dealer. They can't even buy them. If I can sell to one customer, I will make a deal.

Please post-up pictures of the crates and labels on the crates identifying the contents. Engine numbers shown on the labels would be helpful.

Not a huge market because these engines don't break.

There are a few of us that have forced induction installed so we may at sometime break ours, but so far so good.

You might consider separating the ECU's from the engines, you would probably sell several of those.

I have discussed this with APRU a bit and we did discuss how durable these are in relation to the gen 1's. Hopefully he gets good buyers for them but I can't give him top dollar since as you pointed out there isn't a huge market for them at the moment.

Not a huge market because these engines don't break.

There are a few of us that have forced induction installed so we may at sometime break ours, but so far so good.

You might consider separating the ECU's from the engines, you would probably sell several of those.
Please post-up pictures of the crates and labels on the crates identifying the contents. Engine numbers shown on the labels would be helpful.

Attachments

• B4ED0CA4-9091-40A1-9101-4C68BF3EAB33.jpeg
    B4ED0CA4-9091-40A1-9101-4C68BF3EAB33.jpeg
    76.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 11ED368E-2F53-449D-8A4F-18BB6454F92C.jpeg
    11ED368E-2F53-449D-8A4F-18BB6454F92C.jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 172
I would like to take offers on them individually and by the lot. I have valued them at $7500-$8500 ea. based on the crankcase cost that I got from the Yamaha dealer. They can't even buy them. If I can sell to one customer, I will make a deal.
So for a few thousand more I could buy an entire used Gen 2 with a few thousand miles. The pricing is too high IMHO.

You would need to sell these engines for approximately 2500 to make them go away. You flood the market with 10 of them, you will self dilute the market anyway. Supply and demand is basic economics. You have a engine for not that common a bike that doesnt really have engine issues. Selling for next to retail pop or bike cost....you will NEVER sell them. If you didnt pay for them....you are ahead. If you did pay for them...then its gonna be like any hotrod or muscle car. You can sink hundreds of thousands into the vehicle.....doesnt mean you will get what you invested. They generally sell for a fraction of the cost. Sorry to say buddy, if you want these engines gone....you need to hit below basement bargain prices. Otherwise you will be sitting on these for years.

Folks here are right, you will sell the ECUs far faster than the engines. People like to program and play with those.

I have acquired 10 Brand New Crate Yamaha VMAX 1700 engines. They were going to be used in a miniature motorsports race car and they don't work for the application. They are brand new in the crate with the ECU acquired new in 2017. Looking for offers before I put them on Ebay.
Do you want to sell a ECU ? If so I would like to buy one.

What do you guys feel for the right price? I think he's looking for $7500 per engine averaged out over the batch of 10 ($75k) or maybe a little more one at a time. He's not interested in $2500 or even $4k for one (which is what I offered for all of them). I don't blame him as they are $9k new and nothing most can even get from Yamaham.

Latest posts

Back