$1000 Harley ad Jacksonville FL

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1642908503708.png

Street 750. Not knowing if it started, it's a $250 bike to me, and the cost of parts to fix it probably exceed the value of the bike the way it is.

I didn't check book value, don't know, if it is a good deal or not. Seller said, engine ran.

I saw one last year outside a Miami supermarket, and the owner was easy to spot in the store. I wanted to ask him about the Street 750 he was on.

How was he 'easy to spot?' He was the only customer in there who was wearing an Isle of Man T.T.-shirt!

He said he bought it used, really-cheap and with a few thousand miles on it. I asked him "what's 'really-cheap,' and how-many miles when you got it?"

I forget the exact $$, but knowing that the new sales price was about $7K, and he said 'less-than 4K miles,' I think it was about 40% of new. He said he only had put tires on it, and that while it wasn't any fireball of performance, it had been a reliable bike for him, and that he had about 10K miles on it, with no issues. That works out to about 28 cents a mile, which is cheap transportation.

No, nothing I'd be interested in because of the cost to return it to the road, I suppose that if you had a front end around that would swap-on, and it didn't need anything but ordinary consumables, you could have cheap transportation.

I once swapped a case of beer for a non-running partially-disassembled Suzuki GS500F, and I parted-out the bike, making some decent money for no effort other than advertising the parts. I did the same with a ZX-7, and I still have some parts from each I need to advertise again. The remaining stuff doesn't take up much space, but I'd rather have the $ in my wallet than the parts in storage. I actually do have some parts which might fit that front end, a KZ550 front end and a Virago front wheel. However, I have no interest in the finished product, for sale. Just daydreaming here on a Sunday morning. It would cost me > $110 in gas round trip. Now if it was a partially disassembled Gen 1, does the engine turn-over? 🤔

I would buy it but I have too many projects, including 04 Jaguar XK8 convertible. This bike looks like 1 day work to ride.
2 forks, rim, tire and steering bar? $300 all together except fuel tank?

Last edited:
Back