11.5" Progressive 440 Shock Questions.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-cman

Alien Abductee
Reaction score
Does anyone else have a problem with the search function on this site? It won't search for items with 3 characters or less. :bang head:

I have tried to find info on the effect 11.5" Progressive 440 shocks have on handling, specifically ground clearance. Also, how much does it lower the rear end and how much to lower the front forks to balance the bike. Can you move the forks up in the triple trees enough or are internal changes required? I enjoy corners and don't want to lose too much clearance so am concerned about this mod. :ummm:

use google.

"progressive shocks site:vmaxforum.net"

don't use the " marks

also i have some 11.5's. i have a short inseam so its helped a lot. i did the front and rear suspsension at the same time so i'm not sure. i've been told to lower the front at least as much as the rear , but only have mine dropped one inch up front.

as far as handling, i think it'd be better to probably have 12 or 12.5's but it works for me.

Even though I have a 30" inseam, don't think I want to reduce ground clearance that much. Like the corners too much. Maybe 12.5" or even 12" but no less. I asked because there is a set of almost new 11.5" 440's on eBay at what seems a reasonable price if not bid up. Starting at $200. May be a member of this site even. :biglaugh:

Back