12.5 inch progessive 412 and now the side stand is too tall

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxedout

Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem with this kind of mod and if so how did you remedy it?
I tried cutting the stand off in 1 inch increments and due to the angle between the stand in full extention and closed it wound up too short on that final inch.
Now I have to order a new sidestand.

Thx again everyone.

We cut them down for that very reason. I'm sure we could fix your stand for you. Just make sure to send what you have cut off as well as the current stand. I have a jig I can mock it back up in to get it back to where we would have cut it down.
Sean

Thx guys for the offers and support.
I already reordered the part before checking back with the forum.
Should I use a torch to heat and bend it?

Thx guys for the offers and support.
I already reordered the part before checking back with the forum.
Should I use a torch to heat and bend it?

Cut and reweld is the best way. You need not cut too much though. I had to cut and reweld as well as heat and bend and also ground some off the stop to let it fall forward more!

Mine is lowered 1.5 in the rear and 2 in the front.

Heat and bend worked for me, looks fine, works fine, and no weld to worry about......plus puts the contact patch further away from the bike.

That's one way. We've got a jig to do it with and have done plenty and a few here have them.

Sean

That's one way. We've got a jig to do it with and have done plenty and a few here have them.

Sean

I'll vouch for the one that he did for me. It works perfect and looks like it came from the factory.

Post-Mortem

Went to take the old stand off, and bike lurched forward and fell on me pinching my finger between the stand and frame.Yelled for the wifey (Never felt so helpless in all my life)She comes into the garage takes one look at my cowering in major pain ass and says,"So you gonna buy me that ring?"
I say yes ,and she lifts the monster off of me enough to get my finger free.
Today I cannot feel my middle finger at all due to numbness and swelling.
Moral of story.
Make sure you have the money to buy your wife whatever she wants.

Post-Mortem

Went to take the old stand off, and bike lurched forward and fell on me pinching my finger between the stand and frame.Yelled for the wifey (Never felt so helpless in all my life)She comes into the garage takes one look at my cowering in major pain ass and says,"So you gonna buy me that ring?"
I say yes ,and she lifts the monster off of me enough to get my finger free.
Today I cannot feel my middle finger at all due to numbness and swelling.
Moral of story.
Make sure you have the money to buy your wife whatever she wants.

Oh snap! Hope you and your pocket book feel better soon! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back